• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DISBTN icons in inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I want to use disabled (DISBTN) as active icons in items. But the green square error shows each time you pause the game, because the game uses disabled buttons to replace active icons so I'm guessing it cannot replace disabled icons with anything else.

So can anyone tell me if I can somehow remove the green square error or somehow make it work for disabled icons as well? thank you

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Are you sure it's not DISDISBTN?
Yeah, you're right. I forgot that BTN is just a naming convention and doesn't have any real functionality.

Also @ TO: remember that your disabled buttons must have the correct filepath (they must be placed in the CommandButtonsDisabled folder).

Level 11
Wouldn't you just import your DISBTN Icon twice and then change the paths to:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\DISBTNyouricon.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNyouricon.blp

Zwiebelchen is correct, DISBTN is just a naming convention for you to know the difference between the icons, it isn't what tells the game it's disabled.
The Path is what tells the game it is disabled

Level 22
Wouldn't you just import your DISBTN Icon twice and then change the paths to:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\DISBTNyouricon.blp

Zwiebelchen is correct, DISBTN is just a naming convention for you to know the difference between the icons, it isn't what tells the game it's disabled.
The Path is what tells the game it is disabled

Correct, but you got the path wrong. It should be:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNyouricon.blp

I experienced your problem too sentrywiz, import the icon twice with path mentioned above.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Correct, but you got the path wrong. It should be:

I experienced your problem too sentrywiz, import the icon twice with path mentioned above.

So wait, i should try the DISDISBTN solution or?

btw, i know how icons work and what paths to use. But i've never wanted to use disbtns as icons, so this is new for me.
Also im using Button Manager to create my icons.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would recommend trying...
Instead of thinking of your icon as a disabled icon, think of it as a normal icon so import it as one. You then import one for the disabled version of that icon as one normally does.

Level 22

btw, i know how icons work and what paths to use. But i've never wanted to use disbtns as icons, so this is new for me.
Also im using Button Manager to create my icons.

This

Instead of thinking of your icon as a disabled icon, think of it as a normal icon so import it as one. You then import one for the disabled version of that icon as one normally does.

@sentrywiz Basically, your BTNicon looks like a Disabled Icon but imported to the BTN icon path. Your DISBTNicon looks exactly the same as BTNicon but imported to the DISBTN path. That way, when you are playing, the icon looks disabled and pausing the game will use the DISBTNicon which looks the same as the BTNicon.

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

EDIT: Thanks for all of your suggestions. +rep for all

Dr Super Good and Shadow Flux's suggestion worked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.