• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Damage Sides Per Die - How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I think you will need to save the initial amount into hashtable and use DDS to calculate it all. I don't think there is any constant for increasing it as you want.

Side note: you do realize that the damage will have huge randomness, right?
Say hero, with 20 base strength (main attribute) +2 strength per level, and 2 "number of dice" and 2 "sides per dice" will have at level 1 damage: 22-24, but at level 20 damage: 62-104 or something like that.
Imagine the randomness at level 120

Level 12
I believe upgrades can increase dice values.

Yes, but as we all know upgrades cannot be undone and that may cause a problem with what the guy wants. (Using upgrades for anything other then tech-tree requirements is almost extremely stupid anyway for the reason they cannot be removed/undone. ALWAYS try using an ability first.)

Level 37
Side note: you do realize that the damage will have huge randomness, right?
Say hero, with 20 base strength (main attribute) +2 strength per level, and 2 "number of dice" and 2 "sides per dice" will have at level 1 damage: 22-24, but at level 20 damage: 62-104 or something like that.
Imagine the randomness at level 120
That is exactly what I want. It's just stupid that the heroes currentlly have damage something like 1000-1010. I want it to be something like 1000-1500.

Yes, but as we all know upgrades cannot be undone and that may cause a problem with what the guy wants. (Using upgrades for anything other then tech-tree requirements is almost extremely stupid anyway for the reason they cannot be removed/undone. ALWAYS try using an ability first.)

Is there an ability that can increase "the dice" or whatever this is called?

Level 25
You'll have quite hard time balancing it then imo, as due to RNG you may roll high values many times in succession (adding it with e.g. Critical Strike may end up in insane amount of damage), etc.
Of course, I don't know what you're making, so this remark may be pretty useless ^_^

Level 3
If each of the player only has one hero who shall has this ability you are actually able to use upgrades. To do or undo them just use the "Player - Set the current research level of [upgrade] to [level number] for [Player]" command in GUI.
I don't know any ability or trigger command that would do what you want unless you accept not setting the range of damage your hero does but multiplying and adding some factors to achieve a similar effect.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

You can't undo upgrades no matter how hard you try.
Not quite true. Try this: make one upgrade with +1 damage dice, then one upgrade with -1 damage dice (hold shift and make it negative).

To increment: Increase level of +1 upgrade
To decrement: Increase level of -1 upgrade
Give both of them 1000 levels or something.
You now have an upgrade that can be un-leveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.