• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Custom team color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So I wanted to put white color to team colors, and after I made a white team glow and white team color and imported it, the world editor looked like this:

201891-albums6126-picture97456.jpg

The problem is, it's not working ingame, color reverts itself to normal color. Can somebody explain me why?

Last edited:
Level 14
I remember trying this many years ago, but I couldn't get it to work. War3 seems to load team colour/glow files directly from war3.mpq; it won't accept import editor files. You can still get a white colour by editing models to use a custom texture, but that is obviously going to require a lot of imports.

If you're putting a custom hero glow on a non-hero unit, you can easily edit your glow model to be any colour without complications. Hope that helps.

Level 12
Can you give us a test map(works in editor but not in game) so we too can try.

Level 24
In the object editor just above the combat stats is a field about team color... i thought it has a default which takes the player color of the owner. All team colors to be set as a raw color. and the option to use no team color at all.
but i might have used something else for that as well

Level 34
Guys I had troubles with it in past I always wanted to replace/add new colors, but its not possible. it is hardcoded to those 12 colors plus black for neutrals, but you can actually do ,,AllowLocal" to replace colors, there are 13,14 and 15 colors for Neutral Hostile, Passive and another one which is black.
Anyway, thread is here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/custom-colors-214970/
it has several pages of research so you may find this useful. Many of professionals here tried to solve that issue but noone sucess, only partially.

Status
Not open for further replies.