• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Spell Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm planning on creating a Hero spell that has (5 levels).
Essentially, I want to combine Mirror Image and Wind Walk. So here's my question:

The Spell Overview:
My Hero casts the ability, creating a Phantom (or mirror image) of herself. Upon creating the Phantom, she becomes invisible for X seconds, gaining increased movement speed of 50%. If she breaks invisibility by attacking she will deal X damage.
-The Phantom will deal X% damage and receive X% damage with each level.
-Invisibility duration and Damage dealt upon breaking invisibility increases with each level.

I plan on doing this by basing the hero's spell off of mirror image. Once the ability is cast, a dummy unit casts my invisibility and a speed boost on the hero.
I could then have a separate trigger for her that checks for my invisibility buff and then if she attacks deal X Damage.
The only negative that I can currently think of is I will need 5 invisibility abilities with 5 different buffs for this to work properly.

So, does the above seem the easiest/most efficient way to do this ability?
NOTE* not aiming for MUI and it will be done in GUI with some custom script.

Level 11
How can a dummy unit make you invisible?
What you probably want to do is create an illusion of the hero by trigger when she activates wind walk. Just like DotA's spell that creates an illsion at the position of the caster and makes him invi, confusing the enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.