• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom Resources + Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi peeps.

I have three questions. You can answer all or those that you know

1. I removed my lumber/gold cost from human structures but now they are not being built. I want peasants to be able to powerbuild them as well, so I don't want to use Orc, Undead or Night Elf workers. But like I said, it doesn't work now.

2. I want to replace the gold/lumber/food/upkeep values with no text or black icons. What type of icons I need to import? Infocard, standard?

3. I already know you cannot manipulate tooltips. But say the above question is true, I have all my resources replaced by a black icon. Will that black icon show on tooltips or will the same icons appear?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Thanks for your replies.

The structures aren't being constructed. They just sit there. I have human repair ability, only modified with 0 cost. I tried building the structures with a default peasant, just to see if it was the modified peasant but no. It just doesn't get built. I tried with adding resources to see if they would construct them if I had gold / lumber but nope.

EDIT: I changed the structures / peasant race to orc. Now it works, only orc style - one peasant per building. So it has to be something with human building style.

Level 21
I tested this by myself. I set in the Object Editor both Stats - Repair Gold Cost and Stats - Repair Lumber Cost of Farm to 0. Everything else was left untouched. I tried to build it and it was successful. I let more than one peasant build at the same time the same Farm and it didn't cause any loss of resources. So have I misunderstood what you want and did something else or it's just a problem with you?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I tested this by myself. I set in the Object Editor both Stats - Repair Gold Cost and Stats - Repair Lumber Cost of Farm to 0. Everything else was left untouched. I tried to build it and it was successful. I let more than one peasant build at the same time the same Farm and it didn't cause any loss of resources. So have I misunderstood what you want and did something else or it's just a problem with you?

I see. Idk why it doesn't work for me. I tried all the suggestions here.
I'll keep messing with it. Maybe I'll find out why it bugged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.