• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but guys, I forgot to say you, altering MPQ directly can cause some problems to WorldEditor, at least mine. I was unable to load any of maps via any of WE I had (original, WEU, and JassNewGen) because they all reported same problems that map cannot be loaded because TeamColor08.blp file is corrupted. I replaced that grey with purple, and got that problem. I then changed back color to original grey, and still got same problem! Game did not have any of problems but World Editor had. And only with one color TeamColor08.blp. I replaced few colors and he only found problem at it. For extracting/importing blps I used mpq master.

So, this geries's solution is the best, allowing local files, but let me tell you here is only one drawback we found for now. It is statistics after finishing game. For example, if you replace red for that green, after finishing game you will still be red on statistic.
I do not know how, but statistic is somehow not reading local files.
I think geries will think something regard this to fix it, he already showed great knowledge.
However this drawback can be fixed in campaign by changing player's name color via triggers. I am not sure, I think that once I changed my name's color from red to pink by testing long time ago, and in statistic I was pink, therefore in campaign you will need just to do that. But again, I am not sure 100%, I just think that coloring name will color name in statistic.
That's encryption issues. Your fault.

But really now, the Allow Local Files is basically your option of modding Wc3's visuals, like adding higher res UI.

Level 13
is there a way to change the Minimap color of the playing player? i want to use white as a player color but the playing player color on the minimap is white too... so i you play vs a white player units on the minimap are a mess =o

Status
Not open for further replies.