• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Berserker Upgrade Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I used the a Custom Berserker Upgrade to upgrade Ghouls to a custom upgraded Infectious Ghoul version. I also made all the abilities and such that are tied to it for working properly.

Everything is working fine, except the Infectious Ghouls can also be trained before the research is learned, if I remove them from the units trained field, then they can't be built after the research is learned. Either way is no good, is there a fix or workaround about this?

Level 21
No simply making requirements in Object editor won't work as then you still can see both units just one would be disabled but icon would still be there.

What you need to do is make Infectious Ghoul untrainable by triggers but keep the unit in the build list. The upgrade works by making removed unit appear and removes the old unit from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.