• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,

i am currently kind of struggeling to get a clean grasp of how to affect creeps aggro.

A few things that are kind of annoying:

- I set the Creep Guard Range in the Gameplay Constants to 1, so basically nothing, yet the Range that they aggro in still feels kind of long.
I would really like to have creeps that don't cluster up on you unless you are really close to them or attack them.

That way i can make creep "camps" that are pretty close to each other (like within 600 range of each other) but dont cluster up to one big mob.

I put the acquisition range down to 100 too, but even so, i still feel like mobs start aggroing way earlier.

- Visually seperated creeps still aggro

Say i have two creep spots that are seperated by a wall of trees - if i attack one creep spot the one on the other side will start moving over, which i really dont like.
Vision blockers seem to have no effect on this behaviour.

Probably not much more than what i did can be done about the situation, but i would just like to have it confirmed real quick.
Because if thats the case i will have to design with more room between spots as well as avoiding these "close to each other but seperated physically" situations.

Level 28
They might be another way if your reduce the visibility camp of creeps or spawn them on different location,
There is also another way (Triggers) which allow creep to ignore the acquisation range even if your unit is near to them, even when you are closer, and even if you attacking nearest creep only unless you are face to face.

Level 14
I believe there is something called 'Combat - Call For Help Range, Creeps' in the gameplay constants. If you set that lower then far away creeps won't come to the aid of attacked ones so easily. The default is 600 so any unit attacked within 600 of another creep will cause them to aggro

Level 4
They might be another way if your reduce the visibility camp of creeps or spawn them on different location,
There is also another way (Triggers) which allow creep to ignore the acquisation range even if your unit is near to them, even when you are closer, and even if you attacking nearest creep only unless you are face to face.

I will keep those options in mind incase i realise / decide that i want something really restrictive, thanks!

I believe there is something called 'Combat - Call For Help Range, Creeps' in the gameplay constants. If you set that lower then far away creeps won't come to the aid of attacked ones so easily. The default is 600 so any unit attacked within 600 of another creep will cause them to aggro

Spot on, thats exactly what seems to be missing. I reduced this and creeps now behave a lot better.
Really weird that there are 2 different values, "Defense" and "Call for Help", but nevertheless, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.