• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Create an Image on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi all.

I just learned to center a text on screen. Its awesome!

Now I want to learn if its possible to create an image on screen.
Note that I do not mean create an image on the map, on screen like a text with X/Y coordinates.

It is possible with billboarded models and some math (periodically move the model [in the form of a unit] with respect to the camera). See:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=102351

There is no other way. You can use fade filters if you want to display one image, though. You just won't be able to interact with it and it requires some adjusting to get it to position correctly.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I want to display two icons on the screen. That's my idea. I already read that the images must have a 1 pixel transparent border.

Thanks for your insight. +rep

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

The image type must have a 1 px transparent border, but they only display on the terrain, not the screen. You have to use something like DGUI, unless you want a full-screen system (full-screen systems are a lot easier, where you have a fixed camera on a particular location).

No, what I'm trying to make is a kill message like in LoL that also displays the icons of the hero that killed and the hero that died.

What is the best way that can be accomplished? IF at all

DGUI is your best bet.

However, Anitarf made a lighter version a while back. It works decently well, except when you use the scroll wheel to change the camera angle. You can find it here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/screen-buttons-227871/

(It is in that map) Experiment with it, and see if it works for your purposes. It isn't an official release, though. He made it for HappyTauren a while back, but it might not be 100% bug-proof considering it was just made sorta on the spot.

In case you need to give credits (I don't think Kobas put them in there): PeriodicLoop is by BBQ (which is essentially T32 but in ZINC), Cameramap is by
N-a-z-g-h-u-l (Bob666), and ScreenUnit is by Anitarf (Kobas might've made some changes to the code though, I don't remember).

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

DGUI is your best bet.

However, Anitarf made a lighter version a while back. It works decently well, except when you use the scroll wheel to change the camera angle. You can find it here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/screen-buttons-227871/

(It is in that map) Experiment with it, and see if it works for your purposes. It isn't an official release, though. He made it for HappyTauren a while back, but it might not be 100% bug-proof considering it was just made sorta on the spot.

In case you need to give credits (I don't think Kobas put them in there): PeriodicLoop is by BBQ (which is essentially T32 but in ZINC), Cameramap is by
N-a-z-g-h-u-l (Bob666), and ScreenUnit is by Anitarf (Kobas might've made some changes to the code though, I don't remember).

This looks way too complex for such a simple request. I don't even know what it does.
Though thanks. I'll take a look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.