• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Copy and pasting game constants/Interface inbetween seperate maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This question has gone unanswered multiple times. Unless you can extract that data from your map and copy it over (can't be done with the default World Editor tools), your best bet would be to copy the map and clear out all of the triggers, custom units, et cetera, and reset the terrain.
If you want to change the default tileset (and the custom tiles aren't enough) I think the Jass editor can do that for you.

Level 7
This question has gone unanswered multiple times. Unless you can extract that data from your map and copy it over (can't be done with the default World Editor tools), your best bet would be to copy the map and clear out all of the triggers, custom units, et cetera, and reset the terrain.
If you want to change the default tileset (and the custom tiles aren't enough) I think the Jass editor can do that for you.

Dammit. That's disappointing. I googled it before asking the question and I couldn't find any results; except for this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-209/changing-gameplay-constants-roc-maps-149065/
which admittedly, will cut my workload in about half -- but it won't entirely fix the need for the interface stuff; which is probably the most finicky part I'd reckon.

Either way -- thanks for responding.I suppose I will just copy and paste and clear out everything I don't need, then. Seems a bit silly that blizzard didn't include an option for that for say... Campaign makers (admittedly; I'm not working on a campaign, I'm working on a series of maps)

Status
Not open for further replies.