• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Copied Transport Abilities Don't Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Go into a fresh map and copy all the Orc Burrow abilities, Battle Station, Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow), Load (Orc Burrow), and Stand Down and stick it on the Human Farm and test the map.

None of the buttons appear in the command card of the Farm, and it cannot load units. The same thing happens with the other transport abilities. Trying to use a custom Cargo ability with the vanilla transport abilities results with the buttons showing up, but the ability is entirely broken.

EDIT: I should probably go to bed. It's one of the simplest fucking issues in the Object Editor that completely slipped my mind. You can't have two abilities with the same name, it breaks the one with the ID further down the line. God dammit. (Or I'm probably just babied by SC2 'cuz this issue does not exist in there)

Level 10
Just tested it and both uncopied and copied Battle Station, Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow), Load (Orc Burrow) and Stand Down worked on both uncopied and copied Human farms.
It sounds like something you've tweaked in the options of your custom ability is causing it to not work. You can narrow it down by copying the base ability and changing the fields to be the same as your custom ability one at a time, testing after every change.

Status
Not open for further replies.