• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

cinematic fade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
how can i make the cinematic vision effect like:
guy shows another guy a vision...
AAAHHHHHHHHH
;vision;
;vision end;
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

?

Level 25
AAAHHHHHHHHH
;vision;
;vision end;
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA
:D This made me laugh

It's a matter of using correct sounds and fade filters.
Sounds:
Go to sound editor, from there it's Sounds -> Sound -> Ambient -> DoodadEffects -> FlashBack1Second and FlashBackHalfSecondSecond sounds

Fade filter - something like this:
  • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Dream and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Just set correct fade filter type (I used Dream now, it may be the one you search for) and either change it from Fade In to Fade out, etc.

Level 11
Just to Add on to what was stated above:

Fade Out will apply the filter you selected over the amount of time you set.
Fade In will remove the filter and fade back into the game view over the amount of time you set.
Fade Out and Back In will apply the filter Then go back to game view over the duration that you set.

Transparency of 0% mean's ONLY the filter is visible (The game will not be visible). A Transparency of 100% means the Filter is not Visible at all. You can apply a filter and still have game visibility by using the Transparency settings.

You can also change the color of some filters by changing the Red Green Blue values. A Red = 100% Green = 0% and Blue = 0% will make a red filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.