• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Orb of Fires damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i want to Change Orb of Fires splash damage from the direct damage to the users damage. Exempel is that it now deals the damage it gives as bonus (5), but i want it to go of 50% of the users attack damage. Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 12
I don't think you can do this with the orb of fire ability. You can base this off of command aura that only affects 'self' (check off 'self' in 'targets allowed' and uncheck everything else). Change the buff and animations and stuff so that you don't see anything visually on the unit.

If the effect is on an item, it is easy to do this since you can just add the new command aura ability to the item, but it will be complicated if this ability is on an actual unit or hero. Though it's no problem if the player can never control the unit.

Level 11
You can base the ability of Cleave (Neutral Hostile), which deals 15% (or how much you want) of the users damage as splash damage.

Just create a new ability, base it on Cleave (Neutral Hostile), change it to deal 50% damage and then add the new ability to the item.

Level 4
Saus, ones basic attack damage does not effeckt the orbs splash damage.

PublishedShadow and teozamait, cant use cleave couse cleave does not work with ranged units? As Orb of Fires splash does.

Level 4
Daffa, just tested cleave with a ranged unit and it does not work, any special things i need to fill in to make that work?

Level 12
Cleave does not work on ranged units (and never did for as long as I remember).

You have to edit the unit and use "Weapon Type - Missile (Splash)". If you do not want to have this as a permanent effect, use attack 2 of the unit and enable it with a hidden ability or just use a passive transformation

Level 12
Using a splash attack will force it to be 50% or 25%, wouldn't it?

Level 12
Oh okay I am just going from memory. Can't look at the editor right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.