• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change max health of a unit by a percentage through triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Do you mean that you're trying to heal a unit for x% or that you're trying to increase the max health of a unit by x%?

I assume the second.

EDIT: I didn't even read the whole title, so this was a pretty worthless question. >.>

Level 12
From a percentile standpoint, I cannot think of doing it any way besides:

For Hero - The creation of a ton of abilities to cover every possible amount of health and checking for the percentage of health to determine which ability to use.

Unit (With Static HP) - Create an ability for each unit type that you have (So, one ability for the peasant, one for a Footman, etc) and run a unit-type check and match the appropriate ability.

Either way is extremely obnoxious and time-consuming, though.

Level 11
Here you go. This example is permanent but you should be able to use the same method for a temporary boost.

Attachments

• lifeboosttest.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 582
Level 11
Well that trigger will work perfectly for you because it scales by 10% per level for any number of levels, so you won't even have to change anything.

Level 2
I've looked through the map and its triggers but I'm a bit lost on it. I'm trying to something very similar. I want to use a research upgrade to increase a hero's max mana by 2% with each research rank (15 ranks). but without affecting the char's str, int or agi at all.

I also want to do the same thing with mana regen, have an upgrade that will increase regen rate of a hero without affecting the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.