• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change map size of an already done map to 480x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a huge City Scape map, which is almost done by now. It contains a lot of custom content. Many models, sounds, images and textures, units and abilities.

Now I found out it is possible to make the map much larger, up to a size of 480x480, currently it's 256x256. I find this idea quite interesting for the kind of map I am making. I now, how this is done and I already tried, but the problem is, that if I change the map's size to that, my units cannot move anymore. I heart it could be kind of buggy to make such a huge map, but a lot of people also claimed they did not have any problems with that map size.

So I was wondering, if, maybe, I have to create a new, blank 480x480 map and then import all the content from my old map. Or is there any other way, so that I do not have to do so and only have to change the size in my old map's settings?

Level 2
I know how to change the map size and I am using JNGP. But it crashes the map's pathing somehow and I would like to know how to fix that.

After 10 years one would imagine someone writing a tool to do this. It is hardly rocket science after all. Doing this was not that hard with some hacky code and some interfaces for the w3e.

AFAIK it was already supported by the WEU enhancer (my memory might be wrong though). I think they just didn't include it or it was prone to weird issues (especially with cliffs and stuff). That is one of the reasons WEU became sort of infamous.

It is possible, but most people don't really end up using all of the 480x480 map. And due to the lag/sheer size, maps that are split up tend to just work better.

Level 2
The map is going to be a multiplayer map (this is why split up is not an option in this case) and it will definetly use all of the map. Might this cause to much lag so it cannot be played online?

Status
Not open for further replies.