• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chance to poison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys Im trying to make the poison passive spell and has a chance to poison an enemy but I cant seem to make it happen. Any ideas guys how to do it?

Level 5
you can use different method in order to do that
first method : using a dummy unit to do this effect
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of YourPassiveSpell for (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set EAS_Chance = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
      • -------- the variable lesser than 25 means there is a 25% chance to do this --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • EAS_Chance Less than 25
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Envenomed Spears to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Once (Attacked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
second method : use first method to set the chance but instead of creating a dummy unit you can add the Envenomed Spears spell to your unit and remove it later

Level 18
Make custom dummy spell based on Shadow strike (if you want it to dead DPS and slow) and custom passive spell based on evasion Remove all the fields of the evasion Rename it to whatever you want. If you're attacking, you'll need Looking_for_help's DDS (I think that's the name). When your unit attacks, check if the level of that custom evasion you created is greater than 0, and set your desired chance by (Random Integer number between 1 and 100 (greater than or equal to "chance")). If it returns true, create dummy unit at enemy position, give it that dummy spell and order it to cast shadow strike onto attacked unit. Make sure you remove leaks.

There are many other ways, and this may not be the most efficient, but this first came onto my mind and it works.

Level 13
Hmmmm.... Ill look into. Btw its a passive spell chance for attacking, like a bash spell. Except what I want is apply a poison to the enemy not a stun.

Level 3
Of course, if you mean by "chance when attacking", you mean that the poison will still trigger even if the attacker did not land its attack. (for example constantly pressing "S" will still trigger the poison) If you do not want that, you may want to look into a Damage Detection System. I recommend this.
Just follow into the instructions. It will just take a little bit of time to understand and it will sure help you a lot.

Level 13
I have another question guys, but 1st Ill have to post an example.

Passive Skill: Metal Armor

Grants + 1 armor to hero per lvl of hero

So when the hero reaches to lvl 2 the passive skill metal armor will automatically grant + 2 armor, without lvling the passive spell.

How can I achive this guys?

Edit: Also how can I put a buff into a passive spell, I was editing the Hardened ability by a Mountain Giant and I cant seem to make the buff appear.

Level 25
Do you want the ability to be able to be learned or just a passive skill that exists on the hero from the beginning?

If from the beginning, just take devotion aura, make it a unit spell and increase the level of it everytime the hero increases in level. Change the tooltips from "Devotion Aura level 1" to "Armor Aura".

Level 13
Do you want the ability to be able to be learned or just a passive skill that exists on the hero from the beginning?

If from the beginning, just take devotion aura, make it a unit spell and increase the level of it everytime the hero increases in level. Change the tooltips from "Devotion Aura level 1" to "Armor Aura".

Yes not to be learned, the benefit given will base on the heros current lvl.

Level 25
Then it's this simple:
  • hero lvls
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Devotion Aura (UNIT ABILITY) for (Triggering unit) to (Hero level of (Triggering unit))

Level 24
Then you have a buff.
Give the unit an ability based on Attribute Bonus (0 stats, 1 level)
And give that one the proper icon, description, etc.

Then you also give the hero an ability based on Armor Bonus (from items) and give it ... levels. Each level increasing armor by 1.
After that, level the Armor Bonus ability when the hero gains a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.