• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can a unit kill invulnerable unit(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I found a way, but dunno if it leaks. Does it ?

Trigger1:

Store Unit
Events
Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Trigger - Add to Combat Detection damage <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger2:

Combat Detection damage
Events
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Footman
Then - Actions
Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - 100.00)
Else - Actions

Level 7
the only way for a unit to kill an invulnerable units is
a) add invulnerable to its targets
b) set up a trigger so whenever it attacks an invulnerable unit it deal the appropriate amount of daamge
c) set up an array so the attack actualy deals damage in the same range as the attackin unit

Level 35
the only way for a unit to kill an invulnerable units is
a) add invulnerable to its targets

That won't help anything.. just make more invulnerable units.

But I still really don't understand why that unit have to be invulnable :confused:

Please tell what you want this for, and I believe the help would be much more usefull.

Else use the suggestion I already psotet about not having invulnable unit.

Level 7
clearly it looks like he's eithier making a special hero ability or unit ability that gives it atvantage over invulnerable units DUH!
if a person has a paladin that is invulnerable, nothing can hurt him, unless you have a special unit that can either olnly attack invulnerable units or has the opstion to do so
is it really no that obvios o_O

and how will adding invulnerabilty to the targets creat more invulnerable units??? o_O

Level 34
I think it's better for you give you mess around with the Target As.

Like: You allow your Footmans to attack all but Giant. Your 'special' unit is classed also as a Giant, tada, no sweat.

Level 35
clearly it looks like he's eithier making a special hero ability or unit ability that gives it atvantage over invulnerable units DUH!
if a person has a paladin that is invulnerable, nothing can hurt him, unless you have a special unit that can either olnly attack invulnerable units or has the opstion to do so
is it really no that obvios o_O

and how will adding invulnerabilty to the targets creat more invulnerable units??? o_O

Because you as you wrote it says it in more then one person aka more units.

Anyway no it isnt clear, because if that is what he want it would be much more easy just to do what I said about giving a extrem lifeboost or similar... so if it was a paladin he would gain it for a limited amount of time. That would be an easy solution to his troubles. Same goes for if it is in connection with a movie or something. So no.. I am stating it as a fact that you should always try to tell as much as you can when requesting help, as it makes the easier for yourself. So do avoid making uneeded comments.

Anyway just do something simple like what TDB mentioned or what I did similar.

Although we still miss a reply from the tread creator

Level 11
I was justr trying to remove armor icon and description, but to do that i had to make units invurnable, then i can delete "invurnable" word, and remove icons, bla bla bla, but then it got me... invurnable unit can be killed... Oo, so i wanted to know it there is another way to deal normal damage to invurnable units by some kind of system.

Level 1
Events
A unit comes whith 40.00 offset of invulnerable unit
Conditions
Entering unit is equal to -Unit that attacks invulnerable units-
Actions
Make Triggering Unit face Invulnerable Unit
Play Triggering Unit attack animation
Set life of (invulnerable unit) to ((Life of (invulnerable unit)) - 100.00)

Last edited:
Level 35
I was just trying to remove armor icon and description

If that is your only goal then believe making a new grafic user interface to replace the normal one, and make some one colored icons which would blend into the background. That could be done and would allow to have differnt armor without it being noticed, and normal attack of course.

Level 35
It can still be attacked, but no damage will be dealt. It's still useful for abilties such as bash.

Correct, which allows you to make a trigger which removes the invulnable ability in the second of impact and therefor attacking unit deals dmg to the attacked unit.

Only bad thing about it; it will be seen on it when the invulnable disappear, and some units may require some tricking due to their differnt attack speed. But can be done if invulnable unit is set as allowed targets.

Level 8
If that is your only goal then believe making a new grafic user interface to replace the normal one, and make some one colored icons which would blend into the background. That could be done and would allow to have differnt armor without it being noticed, and normal attack of course.

Excellent idea, I will use this in future. Possible to change gui mid game?

Status
Not open for further replies.