• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I somehow make this Texture of Aragorn apply to Proudmoore instead of Arthas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'd need to apply this model of Aragorn to Proudmoore instead of Arthas is this somehow possible. I tried setting the path to: textures/ admiralproudmoore,heroadmiralproudmoore,proudmoore (does anyone know the exact path for him / or how to look it up?) I need Arthas for Faramir since there is no model for him.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/aragorn-61744/?prev=of%3Ddownloads%26status%3Dg%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Also I seem to be unable to get the sword working do I have to configure anything special other than the model path?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/aragorns_sword-61745/

Level 5
If the texture use the same wrap then simply replacing the other texture will work. Otherwise you will need to edit the Proudmoore texture using parts of your Aragorn texture deformed to fit the wrap.

yeah but how to know what path to use? XD I think Proudmoore is smaller so it should fit.

Got the sword bug fixed. It needs to be implemented and attached afterwards. I attached it first and then implemented. Kind of weird but fixed the bug for me this way round.

Last edited:
Level 21
Proudmoore's skin is:
Units\Other\Proudmoore\Proudmoore.blp

Other than the mustache and top of the cape, the skin fits fairly well on Proudmoore. You might have some trouble with Proudmoore's weapon getting in the way if you're attaching the sword.

---

If you want to use the sword Arthas model for both characters, you can import the attached model with the skin paths of the skins you linked to:
Aragorn.blp
AragornsSword.blp

Even though it shows 271.2 KB, the model actually only takes up 70kb after being squished.

Attachments

• Aragorn.mdx
    271.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Aragorn_portrait.mdx
    36.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Aragorn.blp
    76.8 KB · Views: 41
  • AragornsSword.blp
    19.8 KB · Views: 42
Level 5
Proudmoore's skin is:
Units\Other\Proudmoore\Proudmoore.blp

Other than the mustache and top of the cape, the skin fits fairly well on Proudmoore. You might have some trouble with Proudmoore's weapon getting in the way if you're attaching the sword.

---

If you want to use the sword Arthas model for both characters, you can import the attached model with the skin paths of the skins you linked to:
Aragorn.blp
AragornsSword.blp

Even though it shows 271.2 KB, the model actually only takes up 70kb after being squished.

Ah I get it now that was exactly what I meant tickles. Special Thanks for testing it. Also thx @ Dr. Super God; got it up and working.
Would give you both rep but already given.

Status
Not open for further replies.