• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Campaign map won't save!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
This is something i've never experienced before. I'm adding new maps to the campaign editor, but they won't save! As much as i click the save button, watch the progress bars flow and everything seems ok, the * still remains on the bar above, and if i try to close the editor, the "save map" reminder will show, but yet, * won't disappear. So if i close the editor and i reopen it, the map won't load as it was saved! Any idea on how to fix this?

Level 28
You probably have an issue with the map itself not with the campaign...

Option n°1 : try to wait for 4 or 5 minutes to see if it's work...
Option n°2 : Check if everything is correct inside the Triggers Editor of one of your maps

...I don't know much about JASS triggers, but it's possible that this is the problem!

Level 20
Thanks for the replies so far. Map has still NO triggers in it(still it wasn't saving with some). Even if i modify through campaign editor, placing just small amounts of terrain tiles(just to get the * up above) and saving, it still shows the * and it keeps asking me if i want to save it before closing(when i want to close the editor). If i press yes(save) it won't close, still showing the *, so it kinda gets into a loop. If i press no, of course every change is lost. Never experienced anything like this in 10 years of editing.

EDIT: glimpsed a small detail. If i open another map of the same campaign file, get the * and saving it, it saves for a longer time, also showing the "Creating Campaign Archive"(which wasn't present in the other map). The other map just saves in a flash but, as i said, still shows the * above.

EDIT2: glimpsing again through the lightning-quick save bars, i can see also a super brief "Creating campaign archive"
Also, the map name originally contained a space, but i removed it and tried again......nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.