• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Buildings and their angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I think I already know the answer, but I just want to check to be sure.

Is there a way to (maybe in a trigger) make buildings appear in a different angle.
I believe the angle is 270, but I want some buildings to be in an angle of 90.
Not all.. Just a few.

Should I start working with units/destructables/doodads instead of buildings then? Or is it somehow still possible?

Level 13
Not sure how helpful this is, but if you make the buildings have turn rates and base movements > 0 than you could "quickly" orient them properly then change both of these numbers to 0 so they cannot move. Additionally I think if you remove the move ability afterward they should be 100% stuck. It just wont be nice...

Level 19
Not sure how helpful this is, but if you make the buildings have turn rates and base movements > 0 than you could "quickly" orient them properly then change both of these numbers to 0 so they cannot move. Additionally I think if you remove the move ability afterward they should be 100% stuck. It just wont be nice...

Hmm. Worth it to check it out.
In my map it wouldn't matter much if they would make a circle or something before becomming 'stationary'. So I could make it some kind of an animation that they turn 180 degrees or something.
I'm gonna check this out tomorrow!

Level 13
Mythic's response made me think about Creating a Unit with a different angle.

And to my surprise and good news for you!
  • Unit - Create 1 Town Hall for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 55.00 degrees

This worked!

So you wont be even have to do my previous suggestion. If a builder builds it you could probably catch it and when its finished either remove and make a new one, still less than ideal but something!

Status
Not open for further replies.