• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Buff Length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey,

I have always wondered; why some buffs can have longer texts than others? Sometimes I see texts ending with just few words even if there are couple of sentences written. Sometimes I see many sentences in a buff text and it's all shown properly.

So is there a logic I never understood? Or is it just random? Anyone else ever wondered about this? Is there a solution?

Level 8
I think you can have a max of 410 symbols/characters.
However if you color them the hexcolors syntax are also counted for the max..
So if you would write every 2nd letter yellow you could only have 100 words or something..
1|cffFFCC002|r3|cffFFCC004|r etc...

however i just treid that and apparently not every syntax is counted as a character so yeah i'm wondering too now..

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Can't remember what buff it was, was an original one though, that had the format of
"This unit has *buff"; it is *blah*, *blah*, and *blah*".

I've also wondered about buff descriptions!!!
This is because default spells read strings from an external string table.

You can not use commas in your own descriptions. As suggested, use semicolon instead.

Level 22
He said "maybe a comma is breaking it."; He didn't say "maybe a comma can break it". Still, it's good that it's solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.