• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A big problem man - unable to save WorldEditTestMap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
AYYYY LMAO LOL XD LEL LMAO ROFL. KILL MEMES AYYYY SHEEEEEEET
GUYZZZ I CANT SAVE MY SINGLE PLAYER GAMES AND I CANT IMPORT ANY MODELS ON WORLD EDITOR THIS MESSAGE IS SHOWN WHEN I TRY
Unable to create directory 'c:program files (x86)\program files (x86)\warcraft iii\WorldEditTemp
i know ze problem is that it cant create a temp folder.I could try deleting the game but i have lost the cd key so if i did that then bb battle net
Any Solution ? (super question mark of sadness)

Look at how many emoticons this site has :vw_wtf: :vw_sad: :vw_sleep: :goblin_sleep: :ogre_haosis: :ogre_datass: :goblin_boom: :eekani: :xxd: :fp: :wink: :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 35
If you are so lazy as stated in your signature, why have you then taken the time to fill that post with random crap, making it less likely you can get a proper answer, and made a copy of your program files directory? Also with this being your first post, it would have been a good idea to give a slightly better impression.

Also this is in the wrong section, and the title is misleading.

As for the problem.. move the damn thing.. get another editor.. reinstall the game by buying a new CD key.. and this time register it on the Blizzard site to ensure you can't lose it..

Level 2
Ayyy you guyz are so triggered next time you answer to someones question try to be a little more polite.Anyway i went on and did my programming stuff and recovered the cd key from the day of the installation.
My point is be more polite and whats yo problem with the emoticons? i mean they are just so many
Look
:neap::neap::nemad::nemad::prazz::pwink::wbored::wscrolleyes::wwink::ar::ap::aw::cwink::ccry::ccool::carr::cexc::cq::cevil::croll::vw_unimpressed::goblin_jawdrop::ogre_love::ogre_frown::witch_doc_sad::spell_breaker:

Reactions: Rui

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Right click Warcraft III folder, select properties then Security tab. Recursively change it so that your user account has "Full Control" over all files and folders in that folder.

It cannot create the temporary folders/files needed while saving a map because the user you are running World Edit with lacks the required permissions over the folder it is trying to use. This is common with Windows 7, 8 and 10 machines as their policy of having Program Files be administrator access only for security reasons is incompatible with how Warcraft III works. The fix is to simply break that policy by manually giving the user account Full Control (and all other permissions) over that folder.

Additionally if World Edit is run in administrator mode it has full control over the files. However this is a lot worse than simply giving the user account full control over the program folder. One should avoid running programs in administrator mode unless absolutely necessary (usually debug and server processes).

It is generally considered good manners to avoid writing in all capital letters. Capital letters do have a grammatical meaning in the English language. Not that they teach this in High School anymore as they are too busy not teaching you than actually teaching you how to write and speak English which is kind of sad.

Level 34
AYYYY LMAO LOL XD LEL LMAO ROFL. KILL MEMES AYYYY SHEEEEEEET
GUYZZZ I CANT SAVE MY SINGLE PLAYER GAMES AND I CANT IMPORT ANY MODELS ON WORLD EDITOR THIS MESSAGE IS SHOWN WHEN I TRY
Ayyy you guyz are so triggered next time you answer to someones question try to be a little more polite.Anyway i went on and did my programming stuff and recovered the cd key from the day of the installation.
My point is be more polite and whats yo problem with the emoticons? i mean they are just so many
Look
:neap::neap::nemad::nemad::prazz::pwink::wbored::wscrolleyes::wwink::ar::ap::aw::cwink::ccry::ccool::carr::cexc::cq::cevil::croll::vw_unimpressed::goblin_jawdrop::ogre_love::ogre_frown::witch_doc_sad::spell_breaker:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
hahahahaha! :cgrin:
That was awesome! It made us laughing in chat. I do not know if he did this on purpose or wasn't aware of how it turned out, but that was funny.

Look
:horrendous:

Your welcome. Anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.