• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic attack of the summoned unit based on the summoning hero's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I have thought of a simple summon unit spell that will have its basic attacks equivalent to the hero's stats who summoned the unit. Like for example the Spirit Wolf ability, the wolf basic attacks will be 30 + 30% of the hero's intelligence. However I'm quite unsure if this is even possible and have no idea how to do this with triggers :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 13
it is possible if it is something like this
Atk: 45-50 + 30 where 30 is the bonus atk from summoner's stats.
But if you don't want that, then it is not possible.

Well I do want that, its just that I need some more details in the trigger. Yeah I know how to add the bonus damage using PDD, but how can I make that bonus damage equal to the summoners stats? Btw the units damage is flat 45.

Level 22
If you have tested that map, you will notice that the 1st time the spell is cast, it lags for a brief period. That is because the ability's data was not preloaded.
An analogy of preload is that imagine a map is a bedroom. The ability is for example a shirt. When the map first interacts with the ability (shirt), it has to be taken out from the closet. Then when its done, it is placed in a nearby location (lets say the bed). When the ability (shirt) is used again, the system (human) will no longer needs to go to the closet and looks for the closer place which is the bed. The brief lag is when the system goes to the closet.
So to preload an ability, just give that ability to any unit at Map Init (like putting the shirt in the bed) so that when the system used that ability, it will no longer lag for a brief moment (since the 'shirt' is already nearby)

Status
Not open for further replies.