• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] The back of the warcraft trees are dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I notice this a long time ago, the trees in Warcraft have their back texture darken or it is not? Their default rotation is 270 which shows their brighter texture, appearently in this rotation value the doodad can't have random rotation when placing them. I did try to set the rotation to -1 to make them more different from each other and have different kinds of facing. However like I said their back part is darken like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/240088-albums7924-picture96421.html Any ideas how to make the back part brighten like the front in 270 rotation? BTW the trees in the picture are edited version of oger lords from his Warcraft HQ thread.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Welcome to the earth. That's called shadow :> The back part is darker because it doesn't get hit by light.

You might want to try another environment light models. Try underground or outland lights. Because they have different angles compared to the others. It's available on Scenario>Map Option> Custom Light Environment

Except if the texture is indeed darker.
their back texture darken

Level 13
Welcome to the earth. That's called shadow :> The back part is darker because it doesn't get hit by light.

You might want to try another environment light models. Try underground or outland lights. Because they have different angles compared to the others. It's available on Scenario>Map Option> Custom Light Environment

Except if the texture is indeed darker.

Nope its not shadow and I'm sure of that, becuz when I disable the shadow's by pressing ''S'', its still dark. Other trees that I imported here in the Hive is not like that.

Edit: Look at this :fp: Pic. 2.jpg

Level 13
The tree itself is darkened at the back originally. It's either you keep using different rotations for the trees or modify the tree model in any model editor.

I true using different rotations but it doesn't help either, do you know what should I'll do in the model editor with it?

Level 13
Yup that's true I, right now I have done all possible solutions. Now I should find a guy who would help me brightening those dark parts of the tree.

Level 13
Like I said, if it's caused by shadow, you just need to change your global light environment model. I thought the dark spot is because of the texture that's why I told you to press L.

Nope its not already did that, the dark part of the tree cant be brighten by means of WE.

Level 13
Im sorry not. I do not mod wc3 anymore. I don't have any tools for it installed. But try playing around with it. I think it may be located under materials. Else ask in the model section.

I decided to give up on this, a friend of mine told me I should remake the skin and brighten up the dark part. But after that I'll have to import the skin which will cost a lot of kb's, anyway tnx for helping guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.