• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Anachrons Map/System Giveaway]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, since I stopped mapping I give you these maps/systems FOR FREE.
No need to give credits or rep.

Have fun guys!

A little note: Templar Arena has the return bug inside. If you want to play it you have to fix it first!

Thanks all who helped me in any way. Had a great mapping time here.
(Hope this is the correct forum)

Systems:
2D Escape.
Templar Arena.
CustomInventory (latest version, DOES NOT WORK UNTIL YET)
CustomAttack (PREVIEW, does not work that well)

Attachments

• 2DEscape_0.0.4.w3x
    51.5 KB · Views: 340
  • v.1.08-Sicherung13.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 378
  • CI_UP_v.0.2.2.7.w3x
    239.9 KB · Views: 362
  • CA_UP.v.0.0.8.w3x
    108.1 KB · Views: 404
Level 18
How come you didn't finish CustomAttack? I thought that was going to be your last system?

I'm curious as to your reason for leaving the Warcraft III mapping/modding community.

Level 6
Look it's a "Let Anachron stay" fundraiser by the mapping community... SO PASSIONATE! T-T
emote_nowhy.gif

Mostly because
1.) My girlfriend is a timeeater.
2.) Work is a timeeater.
3.) My hobbies are time consuming.
4.) My school is time consuming.
5.) I don't like it anymore to do mods for wc3. It's getting boring.
6.) Most clever people on the internet are arrogant tools.
7.) Pick any amount of the last 6 choices to get your answer.

Level 13
wow thats kinda sad.. :/

I have a lot of those same reasons too aside from #5 lol xD

Not sure if you post your maps unprotected or not but if your really leaving might as well post a final unprotected version of them all, maybe not even on here a different host but then link them to your profile so only those that knew you will be smart enough to check them out..Even if your gone don't really want nubs stealing your work for evil lol.
Thats what i'll do probably one day..long from now i assume.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Mostly because
2.) Work is a timeeater.

1. My girlfriend is a time-eater, too. Is that something German women have in common (assuming yours is German).

2. Since I work in programming, meh.

3. My hobbies are programming.

4. My school is programming.

5. JASS in general is a disgusting language to use that I will eventually have to stop (maybe even switching to Galaxy if it becomes a good language), though I will not stop programming.

6. That's because you spend all your time trying to make systems for other people and expect them to appreciate the hard work you did.

7. "People change as they get older" is a better reason than all of the above. You don't have to explain yourself. Until very late last year I had no idea I was going to do programming, so as you are going away from this field I am going into it. Cycle of life, some things you enjoy, other things you used to enjoy, it's all good.

I'd like to see you around here, you have a lot of good input and have taught me a lot of things, as well.

1. My girlfriend is a time-eater, too. Is that something German women have in common (assuming yours is German).

2. Since I work in programming, meh.

3. My hobbies are programming.

4. My school is programming.
Same. [Yes, she is german]

5. JASS in general is a disgusting language to use that I will eventually have to stop (maybe even switching to Galaxy if it becomes a good language), though I will not stop programming.
You mean andromeda, right?

6. That's because you spend all your time trying to make systems for other people and expect them to appreciate the hard work you did.
But isn't that how it should be?

7. "People change as they get older" is a better reason than all of the above. You don't have to explain yourself. Until very late last year I had no idea I was going to do programming, so as you are going away from this field I am going into it. Cycle of life, some things you enjoy, other things you used to enjoy, it's all good.
I agree, it feels kind of good to leave the field somehow, just like Flame_Phoenix, maybe it's because you know someone other good will come for you.

I'd like to see you around here, you have a lot of good input and have taught me a lot of things, as well.
Oh well, that's great, maybe we see each other again when SC2 has a PHP-Syntax (I love it) and has OOP.

Level 22
Mostly because
2.) Work is a timeeater.

8) Working on a project is extremely time consuming.

Realized it years ago when I deleted almost all things I had, so I feel ya. You do something for years, then give up, nice waste of time. Fun and casual mapping is the thing when you grow up

Level 18
Okay I really don't understand the necessity of bumping a thread that disclaims your future inactivity or exclusion from the modding community. Simply by bumping this thread you are contradicting the entire point of making this thread, and simply put it looks more like you're just trying to get more people to "appreciate" your work.

Level 1
Ohh, don't leave me with TRD mate, and who am i now going to utterly own in SC2? D:

But we'll miss ya, so have a nice future etc. etc. (I believe most people already said that)

Level 18
Why is this post in the World Editor Help Zone? This is pretty much an advertisement thread; it could be argued that it is a "farewell" message but it is quite clear that Anachron is not leaving the community. Are we allowed to post in this forum giving links to the resources section?

Level 18
And this is NOT advertising, the systems I posted are nowhere else posted because they are WIPS of things I have done but never finished.

I didn't say they were, but if you're allowed to post advertisements to scripts that aren't even complete then why can't I post advertisements to scripts that are, and have been approved. I would think that more acceptable than linking people to "unfinished" and potentially hazardous resources.

Are you serious? Just because I spend some time with saying goodbye to people I am staying or what?

Well it's been almost a month and your activity hasn't changed, nor has much of your activity been dedicated to "saying good-bye". I'm not going to argue with you it is the nature of this entire thread that I am questioning.

If you're going inactive then the World Editor Help Zone is hardly the place to notify people of that.

First Thread Post said:
Hey, since I stopped mapping I give you these maps/systems FOR FREE.

This sure sounds like an advertisement to me.

No need to give credits or rep.

Quite the advertisement, in fact; it's as if you're trying to persuade people to use your unfinished pieces of work - don't you think that you should finish them before they are even available to the public? That can cause a lot of problem for anybody who is going to implement your work and has problems down the road.

Thanks all who helped me in any way. Had a great mapping time here.
(Hope this is the correct forum)

I really don't get how the World Editor Help Zone would appeal to you as the proper place to post resources, finished or not. Saying "good-bye" has nothing to do with the World Editor.

Well it's been almost a month and your activity hasn't changed, nor has much of your activity been dedicated to "saying good-bye". I'm not going to argue with you it is the nature of this entire thread that I am questioning.

If you're going inactive then the World Editor Help Zone is hardly the place to notify people of that.
It is, since it includes maps I have made but not finished. I talked with a mod about it and he said I should post it here.

This sure sounds like an advertisement to me.
How is this an advertisement?

Quite the advertisement, in fact; it's as if you're trying to persuade people to use your unfinished pieces of work - don't you think that you should finish them before they are even available to the public? That can cause a lot of problem for anybody who is going to implement your work and has problems down the road.
No, I am trying to get people to check the code and maybe continue it if it's what they are looking for.

And last but not least:
Like I already said in the chat, I quit mapping, that has nothing to do with visiting this place. If you don't get the whole idea about dividing mapping and this forum into two parts, that's not my problem. Hive has always been a place where I talk to nice people away from warcraft and mapping, and once in a while I will still do some activity, but that is just an exception. (Exceptions prove the rule.)

If you are somehow jelous of the systems, then I don't know.
All I do is trying to be friendly and helpful.

And I really don't want to talk about you whether I am leaving or not, so if you have nothing to say relevant to the topic (Asking why the thread is here isn't relevant) you better not reply.

I am not trying to be arrogant, just to drop useless discussions about stuff someone else gets wrong and does not want me to help him understanding it correctly.

Last edited:
Level 2
Sorry to see you go, i downloaded your inventory system ignorant to the fact that i needed to know vJass, the system was overwheleming to read through but it motivated me to try to learn jass, i read flame pheonix's practice session 1 and both ghan 04's tutorials on jass and the vJass manual, all of that was in one day rideing on inspiration to keep going.

Seems you can't learn jass in one day, the logic of it all will take time to figure out, i was hopeing to get help learning how to better understand your inventory system.

Anyways thanks for your work and efforts for the community, i'm proof that even gui users sometimes are inspired to learn jass

Status
Not open for further replies.