• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI and Tranquility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
There's been some pretty solid documentation on what custom spells a default AI will use under certain conditions, though the existing discussion leaves myriad questions unanswered regardless of how recent it might be.

Namely, I've been having trouble getting a Computer to follow through with a full cast of Tranquility, and was wondering if anyone might be able to weigh in with a similar experience. The unit in question casts Tranquility when ordered, and appears to manually cancel the spell several seconds later regardless of its own remaining HP or that of units around it. In addition, it apparently does so without receiving any other order (displaying all of the unit's order strings suggests nothing that would cancel the spell cast).

Modifying Acquisition Range, Call for Help range, and adding the Worker classification to the unit in question on cast (to prevent it from acquiring further targets) had no apparent effect, which suggests this behavior will continue even in the absence of enemy units. Interestingly, pausing and unpausing a unit that's channeling Tranquility seems to create a "disjointed" effect, in which the casting unit is able to move and act normally while leaving the effect of Tranquility ongoing for its full duration at the original casting location. Things I have not tried and plan to try tomorrow are: disabling attack and movement, and removing other abilities that might be interpreted with a higher "priority" by the AI than continuing to channel Tranquility.

Regardless, if anyone has any experience with, suggestions toward, or potential fixes for this matter, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Level 19
Hello, I know I am kind of reviving this old thread but I am encountering the same problem. Does anyone know of a fix, without needing to code the spell from scratch?

E: Strangely enough, I just copy-pasted the unit and changed its rawcode and it started working. Weird. It was based on the spirit keepers from the campaigns, but I changed its rawcode to start with lower case so it isnt considered a hero.

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Just tested via triggers and a computer - hero casts tranquility, doesn't stop, doesn't cancel it or moves.

attachment.php

with a simple test trigger

• test
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing test as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
      • Visibility - Disable black mask
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Blue Computer casts...
      • Unit - Order Malfurion 0000 <gen> to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Tranquility
Are you talking about an AI Script rather than a triggered behavior for ai? If not, then something else is your problem, like a periodic loop that forces heroes to move, attack or cast other spells.

I'm not saying its not possible for other things to be the issue, but maybe you can post some of your triggers or even your map so that people can check it out. because out of the box, like i did, tranquility works as intended.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 181

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

@LordDz - true. AI won't be distracted if it isn't ordered to btw. so its still another order from somewhere
@fireblasts - all units in the map start at low health though, and the hero keeps channeling until they are all full and beyond

Level 25
Well what I mean is your example doesn't really prove anything as it's nullified by the ingame AI, not by triggers.

Like your " all units in the map start at low health though, and the hero keeps channeling until they are all full and beyond" doesn't mean anything because the hero doesn't keep channeling until they are full, it just channels because it doesn't have anything else to do.

So to make the keeper of grove stay channeling, one has to either intercept the orders it's given by the AI and make it continue channeling or replace it with a different channeling spell that the AI doesn't stop casting and then trigger the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.