• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

add locust unit to group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey ive done this a while ago in my old map. I have no idea why it worked then. But now im trying it again in a new map and it doesent work. Ive read in other threads that its not possible to add a unit with locust to a unit group, but its weird that in the map i attached it does work?

Attachments

• Power Domination V0.99.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 54
Level 7
in almost all spell loops theres an action that sets the unit group "ball_spell_crush_group". when 2 dummies with locust are close to eachother they explode etc.

Level 7
Well if you look at my map you can see that there is no units owned by players used. still locust units are added to the unit group as if they are normal units.

Level 24
no locust units in the group or you have to add them manually.

When you cast a spell, you add he locust unit to the group (manually).
Then you can loop through the group and you will be able to use locusted units.
When you Pick every unit (without "owned by player") you dont have the locusted units.

I think that you tried the second one now and noticed that you do not include locust units.
In the map you uploaded you do the first one and you will have them.

Level 7
In the category spells & systems, the trigger corrosive bolt loop, you will find

• Set ball_spell_crush_group = (Units within ball_aoe of ball_loc2 matching ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ball_unit)) Equal to True) and ((((Current flying height of (
units with locust (unadded by tiggers, just set in object editor) will be in the group. why exacly?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Locust just removes any external positional presence of the unit, not the unit itself. As such you can have locusts in groups and find them for players. However since they lack a positional influence any area searches will not detect them (probably removed from some locational quad tree?). This also applies to units that are "hidden" as they will also not be selected by area searches however they still exist at a location physically.

Why they do this no one is sure. However chances are it is involved with collision and other aspects of the game.

Level 7
I might be just me that doesent understand it sorry guys. But as i tought this trigger
  • Set ball_spell_crush_group = (Units within ball_aoe of ball_loc2 matching ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ball_unit)) Equal to True) and ((((Current flying height of (
is checking for units in an area, not for player owned units? And this trigger is realy finding locust units

Level 26
Yes, you are right. But as I said, your locusts are special. If you enter 0 movement speed in the object editor, the unit will be stripped of all movement features. When using SetUnitPosition (in contrast to SetUnitX/Y) under this condition, they claim a position again or whatever. You can easily reproduce that in a test map. Dummy units should never or scarcely possess no movement. Else SetUnitX/Y fails graphical-wise, too, because the game does not think such a unit would change its position.

Status
Not open for further replies.