• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Action: lose control of an unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi. How could I do if I want , for example, lose control of an unit for 2 seconds? (I mean: it keeps being in your team but you can't control it). Is it possible?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Not without drawbacks or flaws.

1. add locust to the unit
2. order unit to stop each time an order is given
3. deselect unit when selcted

None of these are perfect but they work. Unless you can add locust via GetLocalPlayer which I think will desync.

edit: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/timed-mind-control-1-06-a-265025/ works fine but the unit is not owned by the same player. Though you can make the color remain so it LOOKS like the unit do.

Level 33
I would prefer giving Locust to the unit rather than those 2 remaining options.

Adding Locust to a unit would simply gives no control at all for the unit (except via triggers, if you can somehow link the player control with the triggers involved).

1) Add Locust
2) Add timer (indexing) to it
3) To remove locust, use Hero Passive Transformation (Bear Form)

I do not have access to a test map, can someone confirm this ?

Level 10
If you are not using all the players for you map, you can change your unit's ownership to a leftover player (make sure he is your ally first), but retain your own colour.

For example, your map is only 4 players, therefore you are not using Brown. You are playing Red. Change your Unit to Brown and make Brown your ally, but retain the Red player colour of your unit. You can't control it whatsoever, but you can still heal it, click on it and treat it as if it is on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.