• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About the Flame Strike ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do i edit it to send a projectile(like the mortar team projectile) when i use it. I tried Art - Missile Art Mortar Team and also Art - Missile Speed 1000 but still nothing it doesn't send any projectile when i use it. Any ideas?

Level 18
Basically you can use the blood mage's Sphere ability to send projectiles to the targets (be it unit or ground) of the unit's other abilities. But this has the negative effect of sending the same missile to the target of every non-instant cast ability. Like if your mortar team has a healing ability, together with the flame strike, it will shoot a missile to he wounded unit if you have not specified another projectile for that ability to override the sphere one.

Level 25
Use a dummy spell that creates a dummy unit with the mortar team projectile as it's attack and tell it to attack the targeted point of the ability being cast and give it the burning oil passive?

Level 6
You can ofcourse make a total different ability based of acid bomb or something (channel) and make a dummy unit cast the actual flame strike.

Could that make you happy?

Ok maybe that will work,but in the Acid bomb ability what is the Data - Damage Interval for? just curious

Level 6
There's a problem the acid bomb ability only targets a unit :( unlike the flamestrike ability where u can shoot it anywhere(even if theres no unit in the area) :(

Level 24
Ok maybe that will work,but in the Acid bomb ability what is the Data - Damage Interval for? just curious

Acid Bomb applies damage over time. That damage is equal to the secondary damage. The time between each moment you take damage from it is the interval.
That's the interval for the damage.
That ^^

- You could use a dummy unit and let it cast attack ground on the targeted location.
- You could use a dummy unit as a target for acid bomb.
- You could use a projectile system.
- You could use Sphere. (Looks stupid IMO because it has no arc.)
- You could use Flare (But it comes straight from the sky instead of from the caster. Could be fun too.)

You could probably use more ways to make some splashy missile but I think you can handle it with either of these.

- You could use a dummy unit as a target for acid bomb.
That means only a dummy will be able to cast that acid bomb, then. Which leads back to a dummy Flame Strike being better as it does not require a dummy target and has a ground DoT.

I actually forgot about the projectile, just have the dummy cast cluster rockets (change the model) before using flame strike (which is channeling with a delay).

Level 24
I always thought that Cluster Rockets would add some weird random shit to its projectiles so it looks better. Just like the normal Cluster Rocket does to its rockets.

But yes it could ofcourse do the trick too no matter if that random thingy is added or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.