• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you HATE about Warcraft 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I just want those fixed, then I can play.

Nothing more.

Level 28
You can save before using the resource though, and it'll appear without having to restart.

Didn't work but even if it did with my map that have 17000+ doodads, 250+ units, almost 20,000 object variables plus jasshelper saving is slow. Resources should be usable immediately after your import them. This is frustrating specially for a terrainer like me.

Level 28
It's indeed sad that the WE only loads things once, on the first time they are seen. They should reload the model/icon whenever it is reimported.

And there is even a tendency that when you have some resources that aren't place anywhere in the editor yet when you start the map there is a chance that world editor will not be able to load the resources when you place them in the editor after testing the map.

For me the problem is the limitations that were unnecessary.

- You can't modify UI to the fullest (minimap, portrait)
- Empty UI black edges with no 3D render support.
- 8 MB Map Size Limit.
- Bad tile-sets. (Blizzard IS lazy)
- lacking terrain tools (Blizzard Got Lazy)
- No mouse support, keyboard support events.
- Texture size limit - 512 x 512.
- Storyline, ideas, concept and plot is CnP from other games.
- 12 unit selection limit.
- LOTS of things including the game-play of races.
- Unrealism. (Ex: when you resurrect a night elf archer corpse using necromancer it resurrects a skeleton with a sword. Wtf?)
- Same icons for different race units. (Bandits use the same skill icon - Shadowmeld as the Night Elves.)
- Inventory limitations, only 6 slots maximum.
- Low quality models. (Compare these low quality models in retail with Warcraft 3 Alpha RPS- *facepalm)
- In-completed model textures aka rushed. (Blizzard got lazy.)
- Same model for different units with only value colors changed. (Blizzard got lazy.)
- Lots of scrapped great ideas and content from Warcraft 3 Alpha that didn't make into the retail game. (Bad design)
- No direct .MID (Midi) music support. (Blizzard got lazy.) (It is possible to have midi music, but it has no direct support in Sound Editor)
- No direct support for in-game .TGA textures. (Blizzard got lazy.)
- lots of more...

The final product of Warcraft 3 is a dissapointment when you research into it. The only thing that keeps me playing is the easy modding and an advanced world editor. The conclusion is that after many alphas and betas, warcraft 3 is a rushed product with great vision behind it.

Some people really just want more than what they were given. Warcraft 3 and World Editor is great specially for its age it is just that humans are simply greedy case closed.

The issue is that previous warcraft 3 versions (alpha, beta, pre-alpha, pre-beta) were much better than the final product. The expectations back then were much more reliable. Since Blizzard had to create a new engine from scratch, it had up-to-date unlimited possibilities. The problem was that they were running out of time with release dates and finally they had to start everything from scratch due to the first version of War3 design being too extreme.

Please visit Warcraft III Evolution for more information, sources and images regarding the development of Warcraft III. You will see how the old Warcraft 3 looked like, it was fascinating..

36.jpg

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The final wc3 > alpha stages.

Rts was a good decision :)

I don't think the earlier versions would've been better. The Graphics were either worse or on par with the current version and I don't think they would've been able to pull off the gameplay.

The earlier version of War3 alpha is the prototype of World of Warcraft.
~Edited, due to offensive flag.

Last edited:
You have some serious issues. You haven't played alpha you can't say that it was bad, WoW on the other hand- is your opinion. Now, would it be fair that I told that you were **** if I don't know you? No.

Use logic.
you need an attitude check. u aint gonna get far in life by labelling someone 'either stupid or ignorant' or accusing someone to 'have some serious issues' based off an opinion on a video game

furthermore, i dont need to play it to determine if it looks shit. which it does

You have some serious issues. You haven't played alpha you can't say that it was bad, WoW on the other hand- is your opinion. Now, would it be fair that I told that you were **** if I don't know you? No.

Use logic.

Have you played the Alpha?

Could you provide a definite and clear list as to what specifically made Warcraft 3 Alpha so much better than Warcraft RTS. How were the base building aspects better, how were the graphics better, how were the units better etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.