• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i think theres another thread about this but personally i d like to see a warcraft movie but havent heard anything concrete about it happening

Level 2
I think there will possibly be a movie on Warcraft 3, Famous games turn in to movies all the time such as..
Doom,Mortal Kombat and many others. So i would say there is probably a chance that it will happen. (hopefully it wont take as long as the simpsons movie)

Level 27
I think there will possibly be a movie on Warcraft 3, Famous games turn in to movies all the time such as..
Doom,Mortal Kombat and many others. So i would say there is probably a chance that it will happen. (hopefully it wont take as long as the simpsons movie)

The problem with doom and mortal kombat and such was that they where considered as 'bad' movies .. i still didnt look any game-based movie .. but i think a WoW Movie would surely scare some ppl because the WoW vibe,but also attract a lot of fans. And i finaly hope that ppl can see a game based movie can be rly good ( Warcraft is just like LOTR but then better! ).

Level 3
No,lets not scrap the warcraft scenario by a stupid movie,have anyone saw Eragon movie?I did,and i asked for refund because that movie was the worst adaptation i ever saw...I don't want warcraft to turn the same...

Reactions: Moy

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
They can and knowing the ammount of effort they are putting into WoW they probably will.

Probably will be junk anyway featuring the death of some famed hero that will leave so people stuned at how it could happen.

Well anyway lets not spread fiction about Wc movie lets just wait and see since anyway, anything we say makes no differerence.

Level 36
Any cheap idiot could make a warcraft movie,but it would end as crappy as Eragon was :eek: .

I don't think blizzard would make a warcraft movie...

You know why that movie sucked? Because the book sucked. As I explained to everyone who would listen when the movie came out, this book/movie is taking the star wars plot line, changing some names, and then putting it into a dragons and elves and magic setting.

Yes, they ARE apparently making a warcraft movie, I remember seeing the news about it way back when it was announced. It isn't going anywhere as of now because there hasen't been any news on it... but here's the deal: Every video game ever turned into a movie has sucked. Every single one. They've all been absolutely horrible. I expect that, as hard as Blizzard tries, The WC movie will end up the same. The only movie that will ever break this curse (possibly) is the Halo movie. Ya know why? Peter Jackson is on board as Director, and he hasen't made a crappy movie yet.

Level 27
You know why that movie sucked? Because the book sucked. As I explained to everyone who would listen when the movie came out, this book/movie is taking the star wars plot line, changing some names, and then putting it into a dragons and elves and magic setting.

Yes, they ARE apparently making a warcraft movie, I remember seeing the news about it way back when it was announced. It isn't going anywhere as of now because there hasen't been any news on it... but here's the deal: Every video game ever turned into a movie has sucked. Every single one. They've all been absolutely horrible. I expect that, as hard as Blizzard tries, The WC movie will end up the same. The only movie that will ever break this curse (possibly) is the Halo movie. Ya know why? Peter Jackson is on board as Director, and he hasen't made a crappy movie yet.

I dont think the WC movie will be crap because its just like LOTR! .. i mean if blizzard found a studio that understands they're ideas then why coulndt it be a good movie? .. im surley gonna see it ..

Level 36
No, because if it's just like LOTR then it will be booed as a ripoff. I don't think Blizzard can win here. It has to be high quality and original. Borrowing from another popular franchise to enhance their own standing will not help them when the critics come calling. Unless they get someone good onboard as a director, producer or screenwriter etc, or they find some phenominal underground talent in a rising prodigy, this movie will end up in the trash along with doom, house of the dead, bloodrayne and all the others...

Level 27
No, because if it's just like LOTR then it will be booed as a ripoff. I don't think Blizzard can win here. It has to be high quality and original. Borrowing from another popular franchise to enhance their own standing will not help them when the critics come calling. Unless they get someone good onboard as a director, producer or screenwriter etc, or they find some phenominal underground talent in a rising prodigy, this movie will end up in the trash along with doom, house of the dead, bloodrayne and all the others...

i dont think that ... with 'It would be like LOTR but then better' i ment it has the same style .. and nothing is stolen because the Warcraft universe exists longer then LOTR universe? .. just guessing .. but anyway i ment the same atmosphere (with LOTR thingy) not stealing LOTR ideas..

And omg .. what are u talking about a scripter?? i say: 'TOTAL FUCKING NONSENSE!! OMG!!' what you think the past three warcraft games and even more had? they had a story? and a past? even warcraft boosk? why the hell they need a scripter for? tell me? .. they want to create the WARCRAFT HISTORY and the STORYLINE .. so they dont need a scripter because they already have the script/story? .. yeah this was a bit overreacted but its rly making to sense o_O!

Level 36
Ah hello, do you see a manuscript for a warcraft movie sitting anywhere? NO. Someone has to write that script, even if it is based on previously created material. That SOMEONE has the potential to FUCK UP VERY BADLY by taking the story in the COMPLETELY WRONG DIRECTION. Also, Lord of the Rings originally came out in 1955. It predates Warcraft by 40 years? or so. The earliest workings of the Silmarillion where formulating long before that while Tolkien was fighting in WORLD WAR 1. Don't mean to sound harsh, but you are completely wrong here.

Level 27
Ah hello, do you see a manuscript for a warcraft movie sitting anywhere? NO. Someone has to write that script, even if it is based on previously created material. That SOMEONE has the potential to FUCK UP VERY BADLY by taking the story in the COMPLETELY WRONG DIRECTION. Also, Lord of the Rings originally came out in 1955. It predates Warcraft by 40 years? or so. The earliest workings of the Silmarillion where formulating long before that while Tolkien was fighting in WORLD WAR 1. Don't mean to sound harsh, but you are completely wrong here.

... they use the history of warcraft .. enough said .. think the rest yourself..
the script yeah what they show or what they wont thats all ..

Eh .. LOTR came out in 1955 ... how the . why they released it then this late.. i dont get that if ur telling me ..

Level 36
THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN IN 1955. THE MOVIE IS BASED ON THE BOOK. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. They decided to make a series of movies based on the books just recently, the books have been out since 1955. And no, because WC3 has only had a broad overview. They wont tell a story that's already been told through the game, so they'll take something, a scrap of information if you will, and make a movie about it, and create their own story from there. It'd exactly what Blizzard is doing with the WoW story right now. Someone has to make that story, even if it is based on preexisting information, someone has to take that and make it into a script. And this script has to get in depth and detailed into characters, heroes and their emotions, what their perspective is. We only see things from a broad perspective in WC3 and now we have to see it through the eyes of a hero. It will be hard to adapt to this and make it work, which is why I think the movie will fail.

Level 5
Well what if a certain Ram were to make a warcraft movie using the game? The ram could write a script, have cool camera angles, possibly voice acting... Scratch that last thought.... Would get too big.... Hrrm...

Level 4
I would love for it too be in classic cinematic style although that would take a very long time. At least its a good reason too not have Orlando Bloom in there as a Blood Elf.

Level 13
Orlando Bloom is so gay lookin, and I really dont think hes all that great an actor... Anyway, if blizzard did decide to make one it wont come out for 100,000 years anyway. I mean, Starcraft Ghost was scheduled for 2003 then bumped to 2005 then stuffed in a corner and forgotten forever. This is blizzard were talking about people! They never get things out on schedule. lol. Anyway, just puttin my 2 cents in.

Level 36
On schedule? Ghost was cancelled because WoW took over at Blizzard. Think about it: why spend millions developing a new game when you can make millions on existing games charging subscription fees and holding players interest by adding enw content periodically? I also hate Orlando Bloom, that guy is soooo damned gay. WC3 is not endless, it has an end as you clearly finish the game. WoW is endless, and this is the problem. They wouldn't do something in the future of WC3 lore because it would mess with WoW, so i'm guessing they'd do something like a prelude to WC3 say. WC3 lore isn't endless, it can continue on, expanding, but the movie can only add to the lore. Look at the Star Wars expanded universe. Authors have taken the star wars series through another 40 years after the final movie through books. Warcraft could do this as well, if they wanted to... but expanded universe rocks so :D

Level 4
Thats very true Werewulf, I think the movie shouldnt be based on a huge important event going on in Warcraft but rather a small area maybe the battle of Alterac Valley or Arathi Basin.

Level 27
Thats very true Werewulf, I think the movie shouldnt be based on a huge important event going on in Warcraft but rather a small area maybe the battle of Alterac Valley or Arathi Basin.

Yeah they make the movie have an OPEN end so they dont mess up everything ... but blizzard already messed it up a little for me because theres no northrend in original WoW it will be an expansion which is in my opinion REALY FAKE! .. Arthas rulez..

Level 4
ggrr Arthas, I never liked him as a character. If only Illidan didnt jump up in the air when they duel. Or at least Illidan being a clever guy should have asked Arthas too kindly find a better area too duel maybe somewhere away from the Lich Kings throne so Arthas isnt fed the power :(

Level 27
ggrr Arthas, I never liked him as a character. If only Illidan didnt jump up in the air when they duel. Or at least Illidan being a clever guy should have asked Arthas too kindly find a better area too duel maybe somewhere away from the Lich Kings throne so Arthas isnt fed the power :(

hehe i liked how arthas turned from human to undead into one of the most powerfull things in whole azeroth :)

Level 36
Yeah Arthas > Illidan. But this is NOT the place to discuss such things, if it really irks you then create a new topic and I'll be glad to debate with you. Regardless: The movie will NOT have an open end, those movies usually tend to suck... I garuntee that the movie will take place in the pre wc3 era, so before WC3 and before WoW, but after WC2. It will detail a sidestory that no one has ever heard of because the scripters just created it now for the movie. It is live action, so it may suck and it may not, and if it does suck then it will probably not be live action. PS Blizzard was excellent in the idea to leagve Northrend out. Level 60 and even 70 is FAR to low to be battling the almighty Arthas, and this is exactly why they left it out. The Blizzard devs have been quoted saying so.

Level 27
All other games rly didnt have a story they where like 'kill the monster' or more of those blabla shit.. WoW is somesort like LOTR ( its no fucking copy! :p ) its a medieval ages story with magic and races like undead,elves and orcs ( yes they are not very original but whatever ).
Warcraft history just goes way further together with Wc1,2,3 and WoW why shouldnt it have a good chance to be a good movie? .. what im trying to say is that all stories of the previous game-based movies sucked .. and the warcraft story doesnt .. anyways like wrecked_darknes said i dont care about if it sux im going to watch it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.