• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Alright I know that there have been many attempts as this one, but please bear with me here, this one really seems promising! I just wanted to share with you guys since I myself am hyped.
So the idea is, total graphics conversion of warcraft 3. Models, textures, tiles, UI's, animations, maybe even sounds.

Here are the pages if any of you want to check it out, release date is estimated for 2016.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Warcraft3Reborn/

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wc3r

Edit: there seems to be a downloadable version for the Alpha0.2 version!(found the link on facebook page, not on mddb) https://yadi.sk/d/QVxnOY6OhPhPD

Level 16
It's a Wc3 mod. Basically a high-quality wc3 remake in wc3. The sc2 version is great, don't get me wrong, but I have a feeling we might get our hands on Reborn first. The models don't look that WoWish to me, so I guess that part doesn't bother me.

And the fact that after playing the Wc3 mod on Sc2(the GA remake mod), the differences in gameplay are vast. It may not seem like it, at first. But once you get to play for a while u start to notice that what you want is wc3, with better graphics. Same mechanics, even the lame pathing and the limited selection.

I'll have to disagree about the pathing. Personally, I LOVE sc2's pathing system. It's so fluid (that's probably because I can't micro to save my life). Wc3 pathing is just frustrating to deal with: units are constantly getting stuck on one another/in corridors. If I could have sc2's pathing in wc3, that would be the best. thing. ever.

I can live with the limited selection, though, since in wc3 you don't have as many units as in sc2.

Level 16
I'll have to disagree about the pathing. Personally, I LOVE sc2's pathing system. It's so fluid (that's probably because I can't micro to save my life). Wc3 pathing is just frustrating to deal with: units are constantly getting stuck on one another/in corridors. If I could have sc2's pathing in wc3, that would be the best. thing. ever.

I can live with the limited selection, though, since in wc3 you don't have as many units as in sc2.

Game wise, the pathing is WAY better in sc2 and while I agree that wc3 pathing is frustrating, outdated, and just bad. The thing is, the micro is completely different in sc2 and wc3 because of that :)

Level 25
Well there are some people who suggested that Starcraft 2 should have the starcraft 1 pathing because it made micro more intense..

But I as a player would rather focus on the more "strategic" gameplays, such as flanking or when to attack or so on in the game rather than annoying bugs that have become game mechanics. :)

Level 16
Well there are some people who suggested that Starcraft 2 should have the starcraft 1 pathing because it made micro more intense..

But I as a player would rather focus on the more "strategic" gameplays, such as flanking or when to attack or so on in the game rather than annoying bugs that have become game mechanics. :)

All about exploiting the bugs, I guess that's what made you 'pro' in any game back in the day :ogre_hurrhurr:
Bthw you got me clicking that link in the signature with the fake quote image, shame on you :ogre_frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.