• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

are the Undeads good or bad?

are they good or bad?

• good

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • bad

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • others?

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I think they should be put to rest. To rest in peace, like everyone who dies. Are they good? Not really.

Level 21
First, undead are humans (surprisingly non human undead are rare). Being dead is not different species. Why does everyone forget that?

Undead are either evil, tools or pointless. Evil undead are the sentient undead, mostly higher ups in Scourge but also the non aligned undead that exist only to haunt the living. Tools are the minion undead and undead are usually used to kill since undead make efficient armies, so they are tools of evil. And then we have pointless the Forsaken. People that instead of moving on to the afterlife are stuck in the mortal plane forever and also working with the enemies of humanity. Again Forsaken are still humans, many of them probably had loved ones killed by orcs or were killed by an orc. Of course Forsaken are actively wiping life from eastern kingdoms and are actively forcing dead to return to life and then we have the new plague... Ok so all in all undead are pretty damn evil.

Though I guess since this in warcraft thread and not WoW by undead we would consider only scourge, Wc2 death Knights and early forsaken out of which 2 are without doubt evil and one still innocent (then again they did kill humans that helped them defeat last Dreadrlord but on the other hand they killed Garithos so that evens it out?).

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@VeljkoM: Yeah, non-human undead are rare. We only saw a few undead orcs in WC3 and a few undead creatures, like frost wyrms and such.

Level 25
@VeljkoM: Yeah, non-human undead are rare. We only saw a few undead orcs in WC3 and a few undead creatures, like frost wyrms and such.

But if you refer to scourge, they're either bad or neutral. Bad because they're mindless, killing machines of the Legion(more like Arthas'/Ner'zhul). And neutral because they're mindless, and they know nothing. They're just a bunch of Zombies. And right, maybe 75% of the undead are humans and non-human is only 25%. There are Liches anyway, even the Lich King(without Arthas) himself is an orc, and remember nerubians.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Chen: I was talking about the forsaken when I said they're bad.

Level 21
@Chen
You are right of course but my point was that undead are just too human in general. Not really even the case with just warcraft but this results in strange things when you see for example human undead in non human ruins.

I refer to mindless undead as tools not inherently evil themselves but their purpose and reason for creation is evil. I just don't understand why do undead keep their souls when they would be equally effective as soulless machines. Would be no different if they were instead golems or robots just it wouldn't be crime against life cycle and would lack the horror factor.

Though it seems Blizzard doesn't agree and they think instead mindless undead without proper leadership would kill everyone on planet. I imagine in their blind uncontrollable frenzy would walk beneath the ocean just so they could kill? Unsure what exactly would force mindless undead to kill can't be instincts or sense they are dead, unless the more powerful undead lieutenants would take the control somehow. Then again I don't know why the living scourge members would care to listen to new Lich King either.

they just want to share the gift of immortality and because they tasted that death feels more awesome and addictive then living while the living never realise because they never tested the feeling of being an undead
it is just the point of view
they feel being dead feel awesome so they want to share it
but human thinks they're evil because they look scary, stink and undead try to kill them

Level 10
I think that the undead are good if you know how to use them properly

These are my tactics for them:

1:Buy a lot of sacrificial skulls to spread blight everywhere.
2:Research Exhume Corpses for your Meat Wagons and use them with the necromancer combined you create a nasty surprise for your enemies with them.
3:Use at least two obsidian statues on with healing on and one with mana.
4:Rod of Necromancy and Orb of Corruption are useful as well.

However they are very vurnerable to early rushes.

Level 21
Besides all 4 hints are countered with dispel and disenchant. You would invest far to much resources to get skulls and rod items, necromancers, upgraded meat wagon and statues while enemy just needs caster with one upgrade though nightelves could use faery dragons and dryads. Better instead get more crypt fiends.

I am more concerned about number of necrophiliacs here, is life not sacred to mortals anymore!

...well OP did ask if undead are good or bad not good or evil and it is in wc3 thread.

Level 11
Well, it's kind of wrong judge a full race, so let's do by undead factions:

Scourge: They are bad, really really bad, they wanted to kill everu single living thing in Azeroth.
Forsaken: They are neither good or bad, Sylvanas wanted to live in 'peace' in Lordaeon, the only treat in the Forsaken's primordial were the Scourge and the Scarlet Crusade. Howerver, the Alliance start to attack her and give her no choise, she and her warriors did what had to do to survive.
Risen: Bad aswell, just because they're lead by Balnazar. If they were free, they COULD be a 'nice' faction.

So, yeah, I would say "Others?"

Status
Not open for further replies.