• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which Orcish Clans are your favorites?

What are your favorites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, what are your favorite Orcish Clans in Warcraft?

1. Blackrock Clan
  2. Stormreaver Clan
  3. Frostwolf Clan
  4. Warsong Clan
  5. Twilight's Hammer Clan
  6. Flowerpicker Clan? (lol)
  7. Bleeding Hollow Clan
  8. Laughing Skull Clan
  9. Burning Blade Clan
  10. Dragonmaw Clan
  11. Black Tooth Grin Clan
  12. Shadowmoom Clan
  13. Shattered Hand Clan
  14. Thunderlord Clan
  15. Bonechewer Clan

Mine are Blackrock Clan, Warsong Clan and Shadowmoon Clan. What about yours?

Level 25
Bleeding Hollow: Always been a favourite. Kilrog's a cool guy
WoD tunred me towards two others though
Thunderlord: GRONN KILLERS. They are the most extreme, over the top orcs and I love it
Laughing Skull: Your first introduction to these guys is a dead Iron Hordie corpse with the words "We got him to laugh. Eventually". They're crazy sadists and its great. Plus their farewell to you is "Die laughing!"

theres shadowmoon clan twice and no shattered hand

No shattered hand? There's actually a Shattered Hand Clan, which made their appearance in Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, and also in two WoW expansions. You know Kargath (Korgath), right?

EDIT: My mistake, I realized what you meant... The second "Shadowmoon Clan" option was supposed to be Shattered Hand.

My favorite ones are:

1. Laughing Skull Clan (Color: Yellow)
2. Twilight's Hammer Clan (Color: Violet)
3. Bonechewer Clan (Color: Green)

All of these clans originated from Draenor, Laughing Skull was a very devious clan, Twilight's Hammer are apocalyptic lovers, they just wait for the end of the world and finally Bonechewer clan was more like what Orcs represented - violence and gore, they made trinkets from the very bones of their enemies.

Level 21
If you are going with current lore alone and with expectation of some fantastic and epic events then don't expect much.

You must look from different perspective, first being nostalgic as Blackrock was the main Clan in Warcraft 2. Second is simple war achievements since they were most active in second war where Horde managed to invade and pacify almost all of the Eastern Kingdoms continents. If it wasn't for Gul'dan betrayal Blackrock would have conquered Alliance.

Level 39
If you are going with current lore alone and with expectation of some fantastic and epic events then don't expect much.

You must look from different perspective, first being nostalgic as Blackrock was the main Clan in Warcraft 2. Second is simple war achievements since they were most active in second war where Horde managed to invade and pacify almost all of the Eastern Kingdoms continents. If it wasn't for Gul'dan betrayal Blackrock would have conquered Alliance.

Nah, the Horde would've conquered the Alliance. There were a lot of Clans involved in that war. Giving the Blackrocks all the credit just because the Warchief happened to be a Blackrock seems a bit unfair.

A lot of Clans had influence on the Horde's succes. Just take the Dragonmaw as an example. I doubt the Horde would've gotten far without them enslaving the dragons. At least they would have had a lot more trouble.
Same goes for Stormreaver Clan and the creation of Ogre Magi, despite their betrayal later on.

We all have our favorites - and as you said yourself nostalgia has a lot to do with it. I just think that looking from a lore perspective, the Blackrocks are overestimated. The Warsong for example just seem to have more... character I guess. They just seem more interesting.

Level 21
I am not giving them all the credit but they were clan in charge. When Alexander the Great conquered Persia we speak of Macedon conquest and less of the other members of the invasion forces.

Many clans made great achievements in second war but it was Blackrock clan that was in charge and without them would clans be even united or would they have kept attacking without organization like when Twilight Hammer and Bleeding Hallow attacked Stormwind on their own.

But really in the end I am not hiding I voted because of nostalgia and I like the name.

Level 2
Flowerpicker clan. The first time I heard the term used, I knew.
that is the orcish clan for me.

FLOWERPICKER'S ALL THE WAY!
6EhVveH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.