• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    421.9 KB · Views: 49
Level 21
Btw, why aren't these events uploaded on the official hive youtube?
There should be an alternative playlist for such a traditional gathering.

Level 19
@A]mun
They talked about it when Hive made thier Offical Youtube Channel. But they agreed that it would be best to remain separate.
(I asked about it too when it was first announced.)
But ye Hive should add Paillan's acc with the Related/Featured Channels IMO.

Yes, it was me who pressed the issue of keeping stuff separated :p
In exchange, I will help hive's channel as much as I can. BTW the editing is going fine right now (about 11% done or so)

Level 21
You know, on that Archon mode.

Blizzard has implemented such a feature in Starcraft 2 some years ago and while it was somewhat fun at first, it became shallow very quickly.
Some shared thoughts Blizzard should do something about archon mode • r/starcraft
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/4k8lm5/blizzard_should_do_something_about_archon_mode/
That's not holding me back from trying such a mode in wc3 ofc, which i deem the better game for me anyway.

Also i remember the last event, where we played one melee map, it was like 3v3v3 i think. Was okayish, if i interpret the fun-curve correctly.

Looking forward to it now

Level 21
Maybe it's telling more about myself than anything, because i thought the Archonmode would really spark more interest for the RTS genre, starcraft particularly.
But that did not happen and me and some friends quickly lost interest in it.
Besides, a similar feature already existed way back in Age of Empires, when two players occupy the same playercolor.

It might be more fun with way more players, like 20 players divided into 10 teams. Perhaps 12/6 is enough, now that i'm thinking about it.
Is there such a custom map?

Level 5
I believe that in starcraft 1 there was something similar to archonmode:multiple players controlling the same units and bases and sharing all the resources.
Also there is in warcraft 3 the option total unit sharing.(in regular melee but there is no resource sharing and the different players have independent food limits and unkeeps but each player can pick up any unit in their alliance and make it do whatever he wants with it including building or recruiting things(which will be owned by the player owning the base unit))
I think I can refit a regular melee map for something close to archon mode.(do not need that much change compared to the total sharing option)
(starcraft 1 did not magically became unbalanced because the number of players reduced so I still sometimes play starcraft 1 but mostly in solo or against people I can see in real life)

In starcraft 1 the equivalent of archon mode was called Team melee and allowed up to 4 players to use the same pool of units and resources.

Last edited:
Level 32
It's been quite a while, huh?

SATURDAY, JUNE 24
8:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
11:30 AM Eastern Time (ET)
4:30 PM Central European Time (CET)

Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 24th of June (Saturday) 3:30 pm (GMT)
Meeting spot: Hive Discord for optional voice chat, and Clan THW @ Northrend
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net, ENT Connect (?).

COUNTDOWN TIMER

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.