• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Improving my game, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
so . . . i recently found out that blizzard will work on warcraft 3 again, u know the 1.27 patch, that tournaments on b.net and etc . . . so i was trying to come back to this nostalgic game and sharpen my skills once more . . . the point is, i never was a GOOD player in the past anyway and everybody on ranked matches seen to overcome me despise of my efforts to get better at this game, yeah i am patient guy and i know i shouldn't be expecting to win most of the games since i'm so rusted, but still i am not being able to keep up anymore and since i had to buy my warcraft copy again i am not being able to watch my old replays to figure out what to do in each situations : / so i am asking to u guys take a look at the replay i will post here and if u see anything u think that i could try to work on to get in a better level of playing let me know : )

obs: the ideia behind the dark ranger there was turn the archers in the skeletons to give me the upper hand against the huntress but . . . i know . . . didn't work out u.u

Attachments

• Replay_2016_02_06_1115.w3g
    62.9 KB · Views: 71
Level 4
1) build order: you started making your tower way too soon, wich delayed the 2nd farm, which delayed your lumber harvesting, which delayed your tech etc... this kind of a mistake leaves you behind for pretty much the whole game. Watch some relpays and notice the build order carefully (also building placement wasn't the best, but that's not important for now). Also, you need 5 peasants at the gold mine all the time.

2) creeping - your water elemental got dispelled right away at the merc camp. normally, you wait for the mage to purge one of your footies/militia and only then summon the elemental to let it tank for you, or keep the elemental out of the fight for a bit. By the way, i liked how you none of oyur militia died despite losing the elemental, but if enemy decided to harass with his demon hunter, it would get really ugly

3) attack timing: you want to attack when you it a power spike or when your opponent is vulnerable. You attacked when your tech was almost done - if you took another creep camp, you could have an archmage lvl 3 (with lvl 2 water elementals) and the 2nd hero (maybe beastmaster) which would be the power spike you needed. Hovewer, your timing could still turn out to be good if you targeted the ancient of the lore which was being constructed at the moment and then retreated - this would greatly dely the dryads and your opponent would be then vulnerable to a push with summons, because he would have no dispel (ok, he could wtill sacrifice wisps, but he didn't build enough of them before his tech, so he would get even less lumber than before)

4)second hero: mountain king or beastmaster would have been far better. Your choice of dark ranger shows that you don't have knowledge of metagame. You could pick some up from streamers, such as back2warcraft and Grubby(recently he has been streaming as much w3 as HotS)

other than that, you were quite slow and your map awareness was quite low, but that can be fixed only by playing

Level 3
thx dude low knowledge indeed . . . and the plan with that push was originaly just destroy 1 single building . . . but i got a little greedy and didn't turnd out so well : / but still the whole tower thing . . . i didn't took that into acount i am so harrassed by that damn blademasters that i automake a arcane towerand indeed after the 2° hero choice i realized how fuckd up that choice was kkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.