• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iliden is die or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
^ Rumors? He's in the art, the opening cinematic, the game. Demon hunters are the new playable race.

Illidan was dragged away by Vashj and Kael'thas. He is the main antagonist of the first WoW expansion: Burning Crusade. He is defeated, and Maiev took his corpse to his jail so that he could never escape. Gul'Dan raises him once he finds his way to Azeroth through the Twisting Nether after WoD.

Level 24
Alright so here's the story of Illidan after the duel with Arthas in Northrend. Illidan was found barely alive by Keal'thas Sunstrider and Lady Vashj, they pulled him back to safety and healed his wounds. Illidan later went to Outland and returned to the Black Temple and build up his forces to be able defend himself against the incoming legion attack.

As for why Illidan is alive in legion that is explained by a theory proposed by Pride and later confirmed by Blizzard that Illidan had consumed so much demonic energy that he was enough demon for his soul to be trapped in the twisting nether after his death. His body in turn was taken by Maiev Shadowsong so he could live out the rest of hist sentence in eternal torment. What Gul'Dan did was essentially that he freed Illidans body and united it with his soul.

Level 24
Warcraft history runs on Metzelnium a misterious fuel with the power of retcon reality as needed.

Well logic hasn't always been his strongest suit. :D

So no dead in tft.

Nope, he never died he was just gravely wounded.

Killed in BC.

Yes and no, physically speaking he was dead but his spirit lived on inside the Twisting Nether.

Alive again in Legion.

Yes, his spirit and body were fused together by Gul'Dan making him present on Azeroth.

And Maiev just went full mental.

She sure did, that seems to be a specialty of hers.

Level 23
Yes and no, physically speaking he was dead but his spirit lived on inside the Twisting Nether.

Yes, his spirit and body were fused together by Gul'Dan making him present on Azeroth.

The first one sounds just like a hack to make him stay alive to reuse him later.
The second one does not really cope with the trailer tho, in the trailer he was just found in stone, not really "fused" or anything, just frozen in a stone

Level 24
Nobody really dies anymore in Warcraft, they just stay out until writers run out of ideas and decide to reuse them.

We've fought Mannoroth twice, Archimonde twice, anub'arak twice, kel'thuzad twice, the lich king, Illidan, Gul'Dan and Alleria are all coming Back. Sylvanas has died three times so far, Ragnaros twice, Nefarian twice, Onyxia thrice, Y'Shaarj is dead but not really dead, Yogg-Saron and C'Thun has lost their physical bodies but still lives.

The point is you're not going to hear me complain.

The second one does not really cope with the trailer tho, in the trailer he was just found in stone, not really "fused" or anything, just frozen in a stone

Really? He was dead when Gul'dan popped up and then started to glow as Gul'dan touched the stone. I would say it fits fairly well.

Level 24
I red Illidan is not die in Persian wikia. Read English wikia and then answer me. I can't trust to google translate.

I did answer you. :D

Razosh said:
Alright so here's the story of Illidan after the duel with Arthas in Northrend. Illidan was found barely alive by Keal'thas Sunstrider and Lady Vashj, they pulled him back to safety and healed his wounds. Illidan later went to Outland and returned to the Black Temple and build up his forces to be able defend himself against the incoming legion attack.

As for why Illidan is alive in legion that is explained by a theory proposed by Pride and later confirmed by Blizzard that Illidan had consumed so much demonic energy that he was enough demon for his soul to be trapped in the twisting nether after his death. His body in turn was taken by Maiev Shadowsong so he could live out the rest of hist sentence in eternal torment. What Gul'Dan did was essentially that he freed Illidans body and united it with his soul.

Level 24
What about kil'jeadan? I think Kil'jeadan want to kill him. Illidan fail his mission. (( Sorry I'm not very good at English))

No worries, judging by what Chris Metzen said at BlizzCon Q&A I think it's fair to assume Illidan will be getting a redemption story. I would guess then that if Kil'Jaeden wasn't pissed off already he'll be now.

Level 37
What about kil'jeadan? I think Kil'jeadan want to kill him. Illidan fail his mission. (( Sorry I'm not very good at English))

Kil'jaeden probably does want to kill him, but he has or had not done that. The World of Warcraft Legion Cinematic Teaser shows that Illidan is alive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Illidan is in fact a demon. So that means that if someone truly wanted Illidan dead, they would have to kill them in the Twisting Nether.

OT: What about kil'jeadan Kil'jaeden? I think Kil'jeadan want to kill him. Kil'jaeden wants to kill him because Illidan fail failed his mission.

Level 24
OT: What about kil'jeadan Kil'jaeden? I think Kil'jeadan want to kill him. Kil'jaeden wants to kill him because Illidan fail failed his mission.

I'd think so too, either he has probably attempted to kill Illidan or kept him captive and tortured him inside the twisting nether. Lets not forget that Sargeras kept and tortured Xavius for a while and even with his vivid imagination and enormous power Xavius found the torture to be unbelievable. If Illidan has been suffering that for almost a decade I can kind of understand why he'd be willing to team up with us to stop the Legion.

Level 37
Hey man. here is not English class. I said: I'm not very good at English.

OK. Tell me Kil'Jeaden is more powerful or King Arthas?

I corrected you because you asked me to fix your english where I saw it needed fixing.

To get back on topic, I think Kil'jaeden is more powerful. He was the one that made the Lich King in the first place.

Level 24
Hey man. here is not English class. I said: I'm not very good at English.

OK. Tell me Kil'Jeaden is more powerful or King Arthas?

Now this one is a bit difficult because Azshara was more powerful than everyone in the Legion but Archimonde and Sargeras and that was prior to her becoming powered up by the Old Gods. I can't say for certain if Arthas was more powerful than Kil'Jaeden but Sindragosa was for sure.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
The most powerful entities in the Warcraft Universe are :
- the Gamer, because he can save and reload.
- the Modder, because he can change most aspects of the game world.
- the Fan, because he can bend the Dark Forces of Marketing to his will (up to a point).

(applies to other gaming universes, too, btw)

Some players have all three entities within themselves.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Developer indeed masters the Arcane Arts of Retcon, but Retcon is also bound to the Dark Forces of Marketing, on which the Fan has some power upon.

Heroes never die because of Fan Power.

Level 24
He didn't die.

Yes he did die but because he had consumed so much fel he was more demon than night elf and hence his spirit passed on to the twisting nether. His body was taken by Maiev and locked away so Illidan could serve out the rest of his sentence. Gul'Dan from the Draenor alternative reality found Illidan and used his warlock powers to transfer Illidans spirit from the Twisting Nether into his body and resurrect him.

Level 6
Yes he did die but because he had consumed so much fel he was more demon than night elf and hence his spirit passed on to the twisting nether. His body was taken by Maiev and locked away so Illidan could serve out the rest of his sentence. Gul'Dan from the Draenor alternative reality found Illidan and used his warlock powers to transfer Illidans spirit from the Twisting Nether into his body and resurrect him.
Did you play WOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.