• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Warcraft 4 should be made (in my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I know there has been " i want Warcraft 4 " for many years now (and still do ) but if you had a option on how it should be developed. It should just be Warcraft 3 with updated graphics,AI,content,etc no story. The only story should just be campaigns of WoW vanilla,BC,Wotlk,and maybe cataclysm. The factions should be Alliance-Horde with their races.
Horde: Orc,Tauren,Troll,Forsaken, and maybe blood elf or goblin, i think Goblin should be a passive race inside each major race. Or not do this faction system and keep Human,Orc,Night Elf,Scourge.
Alliance: Human,Dwarf/Gnome,Night Elf , and maybe Dreanie, and maybe Gnome should be passive for the alliance.
I'm not sure if this is a good idea or i'm being a retard but i think that would be a cool idea.

Level 20
Wanted Warcraft 4 since 2003, got MMO that killed RTS series instead...

Anyway lets analyze your suggestions. Updated graphics and AI goes without saying though I don't know what you cower with "content" if you want just Warcraft 3 remade. Personally I would like return to larger armies but besides that I don't really want new gameplay but instead want improved editor. Honestly Wacraft 3 itself wouldn't be that interesting if it wasn't for the custom maps. Warcraft 3 by itself is kinda boring.

Completely disagree with no story, especially campaigns that are remakes of WoW story, story should either move forward or tell some past event (perhaps series of campaigns showing past wars like War of The Ancient campaign, War of the Shifting Sands, War of Spiders, Troll Wars). If the series would return to RTS genre there would be no more need for some of more questionable story choices like no permanent deaths and unrealistic forceful separation of world on two factions and those that exist to die or join the two sides eventually. While for MMO it was justified to have Forsaken and Blood Elves in Horde or Night Elves, Draenei and Worgen (existence itself for these guys) in Alliance there is no need to keep the dual faction system in RTS. Now bigger problem is which races deserve to be in game. One idea is maybe keep Horde and Alliance but with sub-faction choices. Or return to wc3 style and have Horde with Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and maybe Goblins and Ogres; Alliance with Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes; Sentinels with Night Elves, Furbolgs, Dryads etc; and then add Forsaken, Blood elves (these two could be merged) and Naga (they owe us naga since tft). Scourge if we go by wow story is removed and also with forsaken there already is undead faction (I am open to kicking Forsaken for Scourge). Darenei really have no point and Worgen can easy be placed in Alliance or with Sentinels or cut. Last and least likely possibility is finally Burning Legion which was cut from Wc3 even though it was 3rd announced race.

Now I admit myself I would like for Warcraft series to move away from WoW series completely but that isn't really reasonable, though it worked for C&C branching (Tiberium, Red Alert and Generals).

Level 8
Wanted Warcraft 4 since 2003, got MMO that killed RTS series instead...

Anyway lets analyze your suggestions. Updated graphics and AI goes without saying though I don't know what you cower with "content" if you want just Warcraft 3 remade. Personally I would like return to larger armies but besides that I don't really want new gameplay but instead want improved editor. Honestly Wacraft 3 itself wouldn't be that interesting if it wasn't for the custom maps. Warcraft 3 by itself is kinda boring.

Completely disagree with no story, especially campaigns that are remakes of WoW story, story should either move forward or tell some past event (perhaps series of campaigns showing past wars like War of The Ancient campaign, War of the Shifting Sands, War of Spiders, Troll Wars). If the series would return to RTS genre there would be no more need for some of more questionable story choices like no permanent deaths and unrealistic forceful separation of world on two factions and those that exist to die or join the two sides eventually. While for MMO it was justified to have Forsaken and Blood Elves in Horde or Night Elves, Draenei and Worgen (existence itself for these guys) in Alliance there is no need to keep the dual faction system in RTS. Now bigger problem is which races deserve to be in game. One idea is maybe keep Horde and Alliance but with sub-faction choices. Or return to wc3 style and have Horde with Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and maybe Goblins and Ogres; Alliance with Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes; Sentinels with Night Elves, Furbolgs, Dryads etc; and then add Forsaken, Blood elves (these two could be merged) and Naga (they owe us naga since tft). Scourge if we go by wow story is removed and also with forsaken there already is undead faction (I am open to kicking Forsaken for Scourge). Darenei really have no point and Worgen can easy be placed in Alliance or with Sentinels or cut. Last and least likely possibility is finally Burning Legion which was cut from Wc3 even though it was 3rd announced race.
Ye i agree with you. Also the content part was mainly the map editor/ more of the custom games that sparked new types of genre like dota, tower defense , etc :D. I do not wish it to be on the starcraft 2 engine, because of the style of it, its more starcraft,maybe a new engine. And about the story thing i also had an idea of WoW having a expansion that will stop the main story of the expansion and move it to Warcraft 3. If you had kept up with the WoW story Anduin would be a "holy figher" or something like that/ the burning legion invading again but that would be a little boring since we did that already.:grin:

Level 12
For me warcraft 4 should have Alliance (with full factions, high elves, dwarfs, gnomes, etc ) Horde (full factions goblins, trolls, taurens etc ) , Burning Legion (with full demons factions,) , Illidari (full factions , naga, blood elves, lost ones, fel horde ) and Creeps (full creeps factions gnolls, ogres, golems, furbolgs, wildkins etc )

Level 10
Well, what if we free our selves from 'races'? What if we focus more on heroes?
Let's say you would pick your hero at the start of the match and this determines what units and buildings you have access to, as they are designed to fit your hero (on the other hand this would make it hard to have multiple heroes for one player). Heroes from the same race could share basic units (e.g. every orc hero has access to grunts) but his advanced units and maybe upgrades for them changes his playstyle and the way these basic units are used.

Or maybe make races customizable? Like having Alliance and Horde as main choice but some andvanced buildings and units you can train as well as heroes you have access to are 'slotted'. What I mean with this is for example that in your basic barracks-building you have 3 unit slots (basic, advanced and siege) and you can decide whether you basic unit is a footman, NE-archer, or some dwarf/draenei unit with every unit having its unique stats abilities and therefore usage. This would need some kind of account-binding as your own race customisation (you very own tech-tree) could then be saved like runes and masteries in LoL for example.

IMO this approaches could bring some nice change to the RTS genre.

Level 20
The first part reminds me of different game series Warlords Battlecry. Just there you can chose hero and faction independently but best benefits are when hero's race is same or in good relations with selected race.

I wanted that system for Sc2 so you would have choice between using campaign or standard melee units but I guess it would be hard to balance and players would stick to only accepted combos. I still would want to see customizable race though.

Status
Not open for further replies.