• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite WC3 unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
@LordDz and Daffa

Ok try casting polymorph at any creep above level 5. Charm and Possession also. And also compare the time duration of buffs on creeps bellow level 5 and above level 5. You will see that any neutral unit from level 6 to 10 will have Hero Reduction despite lacking Resistant Skin or you will prove me wrong.

Also yes level 6+ units will target weaker/near death units while lower level creeps will attack closest. Except if unit has poison then it will first target every unit.

Level 34
And MH that makes sense regarding Resistant Skin.
No, Resistant skin is what makes him being treated a hero, not the level of the unit.
With Resistant Skin, DG (Doom Guard) is immune to Polymorph and such, else they're vulnerable to them.
The level, if I recall only make the unit has better AI (aiming heroes and weak units first).
@LordDz and Daffa

Ok try casting polymorph at any creep above level 5. Charm and Possession also. And also compare the time duration of buffs on creeps bellow level 5 and above level 5. You will see that any neutral unit from level 6 to 10 will have Hero Reduction despite lacking Resistant Skin or you will prove me wrong.

Also yes level 6+ units will target weaker/near death units while lower level creeps will attack closest. Except if unit has poison then it will first target every unit.
This is no more the "Favorite WC3 unit" thread but "Let's test the common units we usually ignored and some skills we never considered" thread.

Ok, I will create new thread for this purpose, so we can continue this conversation there. I need to show you some weird results and discovers.

EDIT: Here is link of new thread http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...kills-we-never-considered-266885/#post2697019

Last edited:
Level 21
That sucubbus level 5 is not strong much but has damn silence fro mrange, and with it she can stop spellcasters from casting spells
That's why a group of them can be a real nightmare

Gryphon Riders or Frost wyrms, there is very little that can hard counter a horde of frost wyrms or gryphon riders (Save those annoying magic immune units). Though Spellbreakers are always a interesting choice to use.

Actually I was once playing a game where this guy perfectly countered my Gryphon's. Siege Engines and Flying Machines; they actually worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.