• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Race Hero in Melee Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is this for 1v1 or general?

Human - Archmage
Orc - Blademaster
Undead - Death Knight
Elf - ??

Level 4
as a long-time human player... vs hu or orc, always archmage. against elf, archmage unless i scout tavern build on small maps before i create my hero - then it's mountain king. vs ud, i usually play mountain king, when i want a bit unorthodox game then i might pick paladin, but only on melting valley.

Level 22
as a long-time human player... vs hu or orc, always archmage. against elf, archmage unless i scout tavern build on small maps before i create my hero - then it's mountain king. vs ud, i usually play mountain king, when i want a bit unorthodox game then i might pick paladin, but only on melting valley.

Yeah Arcmage is pretty strong (Mass Teleport = FREE expensive TP). That's what you expect from a Hero who has an Ability with the name of the Company that made the game.

How about the Frozen Throne expansion Hero Bloodmage? His spells are pretty useful too.

Level 4
i think bloodmage is a support hero because his flamestrike can be dodged quite easily - so probably he is best used as 2nd or 3rd hero to support the mountain king, casting banish to increase the storm bolt damage and using mana drain on both allied and enemy heroes whenever possible. choosing him first wouldn't be ideal because he there wouldn't be any other hero that he could support

Level 34
My favorite heroes: Firelord, Dark Ranger and Death Knight.
About Firelord, Soul burn and Lava spawn I am using mostly, also Volcano in enemy bases is often used, with Dark ranger Silence and charm, with drath knight that death coil to support my or damage enemy units and animate dead abilities are the most useful for me.

Level 11
Human:
I ALWAYS get Mountain King as my first Hero unless I do a Ranged/Caster build then I do Archmage.

Mountain King is THE Hero Harrasser, as he has one stun, one AoE that slows movement. His storm bolt damage is absurd and allows you to surround with enemies.
I usually stack him with anything to give him more health/mana and keep a mana potion as well as the dust if I am fighting a blade master.

I dont really use the Paladin or Blood Mage. I will roll Paladin if I am playing Undead or in a team of non undead that wants to rush with heroes.

NightElf :
I actually use all NE heroes - it usually just depends on which strategy I want to go for. I use Demon Hunter or Warden if I am going to Rush/Harass.
Priestess of the Moon if I am going for huntresses
Keeper of the Grove to Creep/Tech.

Orc:
Farseer is my favorite to tech and creep with and late game owns with earthquake.
BladeMaster or Shadow Priest (serpent wards ftw) to rush/harass.
I don't really use the Tauren Chieftain much but he is ok.

Undead:
Lich - When I want to Necro Build
Death Knight is my standard Hero in most games because of versatility and durability.
Dreadlord to Harass. Sleep, surround, carrion swarm.
Cryptlord is a good Creep/tech Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.