[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Hosted Projects > Project Depository > Warcraft: A New Dawn

Warcraft: A New Dawn A highly ambitious project that will utilize the immense power of the Galaxy Editor in order to breathe life into the Warcraft RTS series once more and deliver an unofficial sequel to Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Grey Nightmare
Beyond Broken

Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)
Night Elf Pics [Terrain]

Quote:
"Unfortunately, all I have for you guys at this point is some more pictures taken from another amazing Night Elf Themed map. I know there has been little show of gameplay, but trust me it's coming... slowly... We're currently suffering from extremely busy personal lives, little motivation, and a shortage of core members (data editors, Modelers and triggerers).

Here is a link to all the pictures:"
- Terminator8

http://www.mediafire.com/?cd8fv2vk8lw7rlv

EDIT: There's more but I keep getting an error when adding any more attachments (guru meditation?)
Attached Thumbnails
ashenvale_00.jpg   ashenvale_02.jpg   ashenvale_03.jpg   ashenvale_04.jpg   ashenvale_05-1-.jpg   forestsong.jpg   terrain-001.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Narrat0r
Boomshakalaka

Narrat0r is a jewel in the rough (212)Narrat0r is a jewel in the rough (212)Narrat0r is a jewel in the rough (212)
Looks almost exactly like WoW. Not sure if good or a bad thing...
Old 03-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User AntoMarc
∀uʇoWɐɹɔ

AntoMarc is on a distinguished road (67)AntoMarc is on a distinguished road (67)
Looks promising. I hope this won't end up dead, like most ambitious projects so far.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Limitless
The Limit Breaker

Limitless has little to show at this moment (5)
wow looks really good.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User sonofjay
†‡Đằňğ؇†

sonofjay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrat0r View Post
Looks almost exactly like WoW. Not sure if good or a bad thing...
They are using wow rips, I guess.
Darkness Call
A 3 Player ORPG
Current Version: 0.2.02

Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Beyond Broken

Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)Grey Nightmare is just really nice (349)
Indeed, at least for the time being.
Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)
Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User TheWhiteWolf
Geralt of Rivia

TheWhiteWolf is just really nice (343)TheWhiteWolf is just really nice (343)TheWhiteWolf is just really nice (343)
Definitely WoW rips, you can't make WoW feeling with wc3 doodads... trust me, I tried :D
Anyway, great terrain, and it is even playable :)
Looking forward for beta map :D
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward

Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
I like that very few stock assets from SCII were used, although I grieve for the ridiculous lack of finer detail that WoW assets have. Still, your presentation is interesting, and you've got my attention.

If you need voice acting, shoot me a PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Beyond Broken

It's a bit early yet - but out of curiosity - is there anything or anyone in-particular you would believe yourself capable of being a VA for?

E.g. a race or a certain character?

- VM me (inbox is full for PMs... Will clean soon).
Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User Teelo
I can has user title

Teelo is on a distinguished road (86)Teelo is on a distinguished road (86)
Do you need a programmer/triggerer to work on your game engine?

You seem to have a lot of artists/modellers on your team, and all I can find are numerous examples of terrain and models you have created. Is anyone actually working on getting your gameplay working?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum Moderator -Kobas-
★ SotP Project Leader ★

Resource Moderator

-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)
Hero Contest #6 - Winner: Alora, the Priestess of Moonlight was found to be the most succesful defender against the Armies of the Burning Legion! A hero by -Kobas-. Hero Contest #5 - Winner: Stormbringer was -Kobas-'s entry, who incorporated lightnings as the power of future weaponry. Despite the instability of lightnings, this entry was stable enough to be approved by judges and public. A hero by -Kobas-. Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4: -Kobas- has won the fourth edition of The Hive Workshop's Mini-Game Mapping Contest with his entry: "Hunted". Check out the Arena if you want to participate on competitions as well! 
Don't forget that you need to fix an optimize WOW rips, otherwise we won't accept your map in map section.

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0
Check it out -> ★ Shadows of the Past ★

SotP History Video

Offence of the Gods v1.0.0.0
Check it out -> ★ Offence of the Gods ★

New Project
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Teelo
I can has user title

Teelo is on a distinguished road (86)Teelo is on a distinguished road (86)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kobas- View Post
Don't forget that you need to fix an optimize WOW rips, otherwise we won't accept your map in map section.
Why, exactly? I've never been able to find anything in the WoW EULA that says we cannot use WoW models in WC3/SC2. I even have an email from Blizzards PR department confirming they have no problems with it.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Moderator -Kobas-
★ SotP Project Leader ★

Resource Moderator

-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)-Kobas- has a reputation beyond repute (2322)
Hero Contest #6 - Winner: Alora, the Priestess of Moonlight was found to be the most succesful defender against the Armies of the Burning Legion! A hero by -Kobas-. Hero Contest #5 - Winner: Stormbringer was -Kobas-'s entry, who incorporated lightnings as the power of future weaponry. Despite the instability of lightnings, this entry was stable enough to be approved by judges and public. A hero by -Kobas-. Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4: -Kobas- has won the fourth edition of The Hive Workshop's Mini-Game Mapping Contest with his entry: "Hunted". Check out the Arena if you want to participate on competitions as well! 
Because they will take 2 much space in your map, models will usually be without animations and won't fit with rest of resources. Quality of such map is poor and I can't approved.

Shadows of the Past v0.9.3.0
Check it out -> ★ Shadows of the Past ★

SotP History Video

Offence of the Gods v1.0.0.0
Check it out -> ★ Offence of the Gods ★

New Project
Old 05-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Beyond Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelo View Post
Do you need a programmer/triggerer to work on your game engine?

You seem to have a lot of artists/modellers on your team, and all I can find are numerous examples of terrain and models you have created. Is anyone actually working on getting your gameplay working?
We did, honestly I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment, things have been pretty busy. If you're offering to help, we'll accept gladly - I really see this as a community thing, not so much a team project. Everyone gives a little, everyone gets a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kobas- View Post
Not to sound like an ass or anything but it's highly unlikely we'd even upload the map on Hive, due to how battle.net 2.0 works - It just doesn't seem necessary. It's probably more of a pain actually because you'd need to download a series of mod packs as well. I.e. it's just easier to tell people to download/play directly through BNet.

And don't worry they do have animations, they will have team colour etc.
I mean honestly I can't think of a map that would be approved - even without WoW models - if its units didn't have animations or TC...

But thanks for the heads up :)
Closed Thread