• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEU / JASS Unlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I recently discovered that one of my favorite ORPG's that my friends and I used to play (COT:poM:FoC) was posted on their forums with the step by step instructions to unprotect the map and make any changes deemed fit, as they would not be returning to make any further additions.
(http://pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/9-1516-1)

It has been -years- since I messed around with WEU or anything W3 map editor related, though I figured that with such obvious step-by-step instructions that they had included that something as easy as deprotecting a map wouldn't be too difficult...
Unfortunately, no matter how many times I follow the instructions and repeatedly check and recheck that I am doing what is laid out in front of me I cannot get the map to open without receiving the same error and shut down...

The game suffered from horrible balance issues and plenty of grammatical/spelling errors and I was hoping to hop on and mess around for a bit... but I'll be damned if I can get the map open... which, in hindsight, probably isn't a great sign as to how successful I will be.

Is there maybe something that was not mentioned in the aforemented instructions that I am still missing?
Or is anybody else maybe having the same problems trying to get it open?

Thanks!

Level 23
according to his post, the map he linked to is actually unprotected, which means freely editable. The tools he showed actually serve to protect, not to deprotect the map(The second one mainly serves to optimize files in map, as well as Jass Script, and the fact it also protects the map more or less coincidence)

Level 22
Maybe the unprotected one was his version, the one with the bugged caption.

Alexeng said:
Since both dark and I have completly lost motivation to continue, I've decided to upload the unprotected version for anyone who wants to continue or just take a look at the code.

My Work (completly bugged): www.mediafire.com/?h6ovv43g038l7fh

Level 1

I just went and redownloaded it and it opened fine...
So apparently I've been downloading it, protecting it, then trying to open it and getting confused when it didn't work...
This is not my proudest moment. LoL. Oh man...

Thanks for your great (and surprisingly simple!) solution... I'm going to go nurse my wounded pride for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.