• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One Model Several Textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello lads. I hope I am writing this post in the right forum...

I know that a model can have/use more than one textures but what I don't know is how to make it.

Example: I want to make a VillagerMale model use the head of the original texture it has (namely VillagerMale.blp) but to use the texture of the Human Peasant for the body - in a way it will have different clothes. :p

In this example I want it as simple as possible - that's why I only use ingame textures.

How do I do that and what tools are necessary for that?

Level 7
What do you mean by that "the textures don't fit each other" it seems to me that the body textures are identical.

Or do you mean because of the team colour on the peasant's texture?

No laddie listen, that's too complicated for me, I am not a Jass user.

I am asking on how to do that outside of the game - editing the textures the model itself uses with the help of war3 tools.

You know some custom made models use several textures or just elements from different textures... :/

Do you want me to be even more precise?

What do you mean by that "the textures don't fit each other" it seems to me that the body textures are identical.

Or do you mean because of the team colour on the peasant's texture?

No laddie listen, that's too complicated for me, I am not a Jass user.

I am asking on how to do that outside of the game - editing the textures the model itself uses with the help of war3 tools.

You know some custom made models use several textures or just elements from different textures... :/

You might want to look again then because the textures really don't fit, only the clothes look similar. Magos model editor and something to help you Re-UV the model. Vertex modifier if you can get it as well.

Laddie are you at least somewhat aware of GUI?
http://chaosrealm.info/topic/7709417/1/#new

Level 7
I am somewhat aware of GUI but I prefer not doing this using triggers.

I see what you mean, aside from the TC, which can be easily removed the main problem is the back, right? - cause that can be solved as well.

Still how do I make a model use more than one texture? - like when you look at the model using let's say MDX Pather you see several textures...

Level 7
Ah, yesss... good old geosets...

I forgot about that, thank you for reminding me laddie I will try it out first thing in the morning and see if it will do the trick...

+rep for reminding me :p

Dat-C3 You did solve my problem lad. I remembered about geosets because of you. Used Mdlvis detached the head into a different geoset and added the skin of the peasant to the body. Now I only have to edit a bit the back of the model and that's it!

Thank you C3! ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.