• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model editing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all!
I am attempting what I believe is either a geo merge or a bone swap. I am trying to take the standard paladin, and give him Arthas' Frostmourne animations, so after all the skinning i plan on doing this week i have a paladin weilding a sword. Sadly i cant just alpha out uthers hammer, because his hands are apart. I have also considered using the amazing King model from years ago made by someone whose name i have forgotten (I'm a terrible person. I know, and I am sorry), but that uses multiple textures and would require a lot more editing then I care to do.
Anywho, I am running into all kinds of walls due to my inexperience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can post the frustrations i am having when I get home tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
All right, I will look into that.

Follow up question: how do i fix this skin? I edited it using artflow on a tablet, then converted the png to a bmp, then that into a blp. Everyhting worked great until i took it into the war3 model editor and it turned all the red blue, the gold purple, the white stayed, but everything else was transparent. Something similar happened the last time I tried to use a skin I edited, but that time I just wound up with a glowy spectral Arthas who was a solid teamcolor.

Attachments

• SaidanDathrohan.png
    SaidanDathrohan.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 136
  • SaidanDathrohan.blp
    184.1 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.