• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

modding without editing mpq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
#EDIT
sorry about this everyone, I was kinda desperate and start becoming more stupid
just googled in all my desperation and found this thread
please delete/lock

======================================================================================
not sure if this is the right place to ask... but since it belongs to wc3 modding and other forums doesn't seems related to it so, yeah.

I noticed that we can edit files inside the MPQ without directly editing it, instead by putting a folder inside the Warcraft III directory with the same path and file names
what I want to know are:

1. how does this work, really? I mean.. where do we start making the folder?
example:
for ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNScatterRockets.blp start from making ReplaceableTextures folder at warcraft III directory?

2. is it as simple as that or it require a *.reg file?

3. does it also works if we used it to add a files instead of swapping the old one?
example:
adding Textures\Whatever.blp

4. will it return the swapped files into the old one simply by deleting the new files?

EXTRA. the priority is Imported Files > Files inside Folder > MPQ Files right?

for curious one, the reason that I asked these are so I can edit lot of things without opening MPQ editor everytime

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.