• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Before I inquire, if this in the wrong section, I apologize.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way to change the model used in Illidan's metamorphosis ability. For instance, I've been remastering Warcraft 3 for a few months now, and during the Night Elf mission where Illidan absorbs the skull of Gul'dan, I want his transformation to turn him into a model I have of Illidan revealed demon form (not the shadowy preview). I just haven't been able to pinpoint how to alter the model because it's tied to the standard demon hunter model. I'm hoping there's some way to alter the model? If it doesn't work out, I'll probably have to go into the campaign map and alter it that way, but I'm hoping to do it with MPQ editor like I do for all other model adjustments in the campaign. Thanks ahead of time.

Level 12
Well you have overwrite/replace/change the model in which the metamorphosis ability transforms Illidan. As you said currently it's the same model just with an added animation tag.

Btw, what do you mean by remastering? Sounds cool.

Level 3
Well, it seems that it's not possible to do, even from a map altering perspective -- no big deal.

Anyways, I've been doing a personal remaster of Warcraft III by completely replace the environment textures and some of the more prominent doodads like trees and village buildings. I've also replaced some of the more lack luster models, but just a very select few in good taste. I've also done some things like remove Arthas' mount from the campaign so that he can battle on foot rather than having all his epic moments upon an undead horse. Same for Thrall and his wolf. There's also an ENB lighting mod I have on the game to add simulated HDR that, if you adjust your game's brightness, is very aesthetically pleasing.

Here are a few pics since you're interested (note that some of these are darker than they are in-game because I accidentally put a filter on them all like an idiot when I made the screenshots)
enb2015_4_7_21_27_242.jpg

enb2015_4_7_21_29_3 cv4.jpg

ripmod2.png

enb2015_4_7_21_27ff9.jpg

beforeandafter.png

123123123.png

Level 3
I said I messed up the brightness during rendering the images, not the game -- the game looks fine. Here, this is in game photos with no filter failure on my end:

HDMOD.png

ripmod.png

enb2015_4_12_2_51_10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.