• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to set a specific tile not walkable using UMSWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I did it once but when i upgraded my PC I cant get it to work, every thing is fine now except making a tile not walkable. So im asking how to do it I want the Village Rock Tile not walkable, yes I removed the check button in it and left the flyable checked and press Ok. After that I Ctl+S to save then I opened the JassNewGen again but still units can walk in the Village Rock tile. I wanna ask if I did it wrong and what must be done.

Level 13
Everything here in UMSWE is check.....
Pic.1.jpg

I click the walkable in the Village Rock Tile only flyable has the check, after that i click ok and save then exit the WE.
Pic.2.jpg

I opened it again and it wont work I can still put units in the tile.
Pic.4.jpg

Have I done it wrong?

Level 23
after modifying the tiles, you should not save. The map will save itself, and you should only reload the map(either close the editor or just the map).

Otherwise, when you save your local changes(e.g. the pathability you dont want) will override the data saved by umswe into the file, because the editor doesnt know the pathability has changed

Level 13
Well I did try what you said, I uncheck the flyable I didnt save the map I just press ok then I close the the editor. After that I opened the map again I could stiil put units in the Village Rock Tile.

Level 13
archer is not flyable tho

Yup she's not I put the chimaera, besides there's no more check in the Village Rock tile but still I can put units on that tile. Anyway tnx for helping dude rep given. I'll put pathing blockers since there's no other choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.