• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I stop this from popping up?(JNGP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
No, because that is a very useful feature. It allows you to specify the copied object's raw code ID. This is used internally by the game to reference that object type. It is especially important for triggers because they use that to identify object types.

It allows you to place related objects in nearby IDs such that you could refer to them mathematically. Very useful for property modification systems as it saves on array lookups.

You should be able to disable it either by not using JNGP or possibly by disabling the editor enhancements it provides. Both of which are useful to have on.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Thank you both for the information Rep for you Purgeandfire for providing the solution(Sorry Dr. Super Good)
I did provide the solution...
You should be able to disable it either by not using JNGP or possibly by disabling the editor enhancements it provides.
And so he wrote.
Grimoire -> Enable Object Editor Hack (uncheck it)
Which is basically "disabling the editor enhancements it provides".

Why you want to disable it is still beyond me seeing how useful it is.

Last edited:
Level 9
I did provide the solution...

And so he wrote.

Which is basically "disabling the editor enhancements it provides".

Why you want to disable it is still beyond me seeing how useful it is.

You didn't identify(which feature) And the only useful part of that plugin(object editor hack) for me that I know of is the Terrain walkability editing feature But your info on the plugin's purpose was interesting, but not what I needed You said by not using JNGP(I need it for other features such as map data transfer) which wasn't exactly what I was looking for no offense by it I just think that you gave a response that didn't solve the problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You didn't identify(which feature) And the only useful part of that plugin(object editor hack) for me that I know of is the Terrain walkability editing feature But your info on the plugin's purpose was interesting, but not what I needed You said by not using JNGP(I need it for other features such as map data transfer) which wasn't exactly what I was looking for no offense by it I just think that you gave a response that didn't solve the problem.
Maybe you should bother reading the JNGP readme that is bundled with it? The sort of document that you go to first whenever you need help so as not to embarrass yourself by posting already answered questions online?

Right there at the top.
NewGenReadme.html said:
Grimoire menu commands
  • Start war3 with: These are options for testmap, you may disable grimoire for war3 so it stops loading war3err during test map, war3err is good for finding your errors but it may be an obstacle when testing performance. If you're using Warcraft versions above 1.21b Grimoire, war3err and japi options won't be available any more in this menu.
  • Enable object editor hack: This allows you to enter custom rawcodes for objects created in the object editor.
  • Enable no limits: If checked removes World Editor limits (doodad/neutral building/etc)
  • Syntax checker options: It is better to keep these options checked for optimal jasshelper compatibility, else world editor's syntax may cause you issues or even crashes when enabled.
  • Mute editor sounds: Turns off the startup sound, the undo/redo sound, and the sound that it makes when placing/deleting.
  • Enable war3err: You may eventually want to enable grimoire for test map but not war3err, this is the option for you to disable.
  • Enable warmachine: If you wanna use Grimoire's faster Jass VM, this is the option to enable it. When enabled this will disable war3err and vice versa because they do not work together.
  • Disable first save warning: When a map is saved for the first time or a Grimex tool is used on unsaved maps, a popup will tell you to save your map again. This popup will be disabled with this option.
  • Attach debugger: This option is only available when the optional w3jdebug component has been downloaded and extracted into the JassNewGen directory. It will start the debugger and try to attach it to the game, which will only work if the game has reached a breakpoint.
I understand there is a lot of badly documented programs in the world. Linux OS for example has absolutely terrible documentation with you needing to Google how to do just about anything with it. However JNGP has surprisingly good documentation. It certainly is a good idea to read the documentation of any program you use extensively at some point.

Level 9
Maybe you should bother reading the JNGP readme that is bundled with it? The sort of document that you go to first whenever you need help so as not to embarrass yourself by posting already answered questions online?

Right there at the top.

I understand there is a lot of badly documented programs in the world. Linux OS for example has absolutely terrible documentation with you needing to Google how to do just about anything with it. However JNGP has surprisingly good documentation. It certainly is a good idea to read the documentation of any program you use extensively at some point.

Rawcodes could potentially be useful, especially for abilities, I don't disagree with you, but I simply do not need it for units I end up mass making units so I don't have the time or care for those dumb pop ups I was only asking how to get rid of the pop up which you described as a bad idea(Which wasn't what I needed to hear) a little my fault though for not explaining my objective and I hope there's no hard feelings I just want to encourage members to actually point out things that would directly solve the specific problem your's was just too in general of a solution for me.

Edit: I see you meant to say the readme showed what those pop ups were all about Sorry I mainly set up JNGP according to this tutorial instead of the readme http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...6/how-download-install-configure-jngp-160547/

Last edited:
Level 9
The "NewGenReadme.html" (user manual) file is located in your JNGP installation directory. It explains what the editor changes.

Thank you for the extra info (The following is my inner thoughts) now this is what contributing should be like users being able to either give a solution or new useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.