• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cohadar's JassHelper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Cohadar had some bugs that caused code to not be compiled.

However, Vexorians has bugs that causes funny things like:

JASS:
function f takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

function q takes string s returns nothing
endfunction

function w takes nothing returns nothing
    call q("f(")
endfunction

results in "Out of memory" error :D

Level 22
Not sure because I haven't used cohadar's but I remember having read something about the for loops having problems.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Is that a fix to Vexorian's JH or to Cohadar's? I see he hasn't updated it in 1 year but have u updated your NewGen on the site?

Why I'm looking into this right now is because I get my PC back in a couple of weeks and want to install NewGen again so I can resume modding again and maybe even start moderating again if I can re-learn enough stuff.

edit: ok I found where you have JNGP on your site again: http://blizzardmodding.info/4263/the-jass-newgen-pack-jngp-2-0/

Do you know about Win8 compatibility? I could never get JNGP to install on Win8. If it won't work, I'll just install it on my old Win7 laptop which I'll also get back in a couple weeks.

Level 19
Cohadar had some bugs that caused code to not be compiled.

However, Vexorians has bugs that causes funny things like:

JASS:
function f takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

function q takes string s returns nothing
endfunction

function w takes nothing returns nothing
    call q("f(")
endfunction

results in "Out of memory" error :D

It happens on both. The example you gave doesnt crash because function f isnt a one-liner.

This does cause it:

JASS:
function a takes nothing returns nothing
        call BJDebugMsg("Test") // a one-liner
endfunction

function b takes nothing returns nothing
    local string s = "a("
endfunction

Level 15
Is that a fix to Vexorian's JH or to Cohadar's? I see he hasn't updated it in 1 year but have u updated your NewGen on the site?

Why I'm looking into this right now is because I get my PC back in a couple of weeks and want to install NewGen again so I can resume modding again and maybe even start moderating again if I can re-learn enough stuff.

edit: ok I found where you have JNGP on your site again: http://blizzardmodding.info/4263/the-jass-newgen-pack-jngp-2-0/

Do you know about Win8 compatibility? I could never get JNGP to install on Win8. If it won't work, I'll just install it on my old Win7 laptop which I'll also get back in a couple weeks.

I've heard no issues in Win8, but, I'd suggest to stay in Win7, just because it's IMO the best supported windows at the moment :)

No worries, Newgen works fine on W8. I have it installed on my laptop.

Also, Newgen 2.0.7 is a godsend with the repaired testmap-feature and a working LUA objectmerger - especially if you have an SSD. Damn, even a 480x480 map with millions of lines of code compiles lighting-fast and the game starts the correct map within seconds. I don't know how I could live without the testmap feature in the past.

Also, I'm using the Vex' Jasshelper right now, as my map just won't compile with Cohadar's.
I think this is because I used some "forbidden" keywords as variable names:
"key", "while" and "for", which didn't have a meaning in the old vJASS syntax.

Most of the bugs in Vex' Jasshelper won't matter for the regular user who doesn't apply weird JASS-hacks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.