• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Editor is a Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I never really used the AI Editor before. I went through many tutorials, but I still don't understand why the results of my work fail all the time. Whenever I create an attack wave, it only does it once. It does nothing at a loop. Not only does it just commence the attack wave with just existing units or units that are trained, but it will do everything only once. The AI does not repeat itself.

Now, I have seen ridiculous sources suggesting that no one knows how to help those who have problems with the AI Editor. How can no one know how? Warcraft III has been around for thirteen years now, and yet nobody knows or have bothered to help? I'm trying to create a campaign AI, and nothing is working right.

Level 2
Did you add a value at the repeat waves? Or maybe they only do it once because they don't have enough "gold" or "lumber" to build structures and to trains units.

Also you're on the wrong section.

No, I wrote a trigger that gives them plenty of gold and lumber, and an abundant amount at that; and they are harvesting more supplies.

Level 2
Okay. I'm sorry, but this is not helping. I can't access the campaign AI because it's not in .wai format. Also, the value where I repeat the waves is on 1. Is there a way to repeat the attack waves at an infinite loop?

Level 2
This is not going to work. I can't use JassCraft because it's full of viruses. There has to be a way to program an AI. What about trigger functions and commands in the Trigger Editor. Is there anything there that can work?

Level 20
How about creating your waves via triggers? It doesn't address the IA issue per se, but at least you'd have full control over the waves, what type of units they're made of, how many of them, etc, with simple triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.